CHAPTER 31

Two days have passed and it's already Saturday. Today is the day we've been waiting for. It's my daughter's birthday, she's already 2 years old! Time really flies so fast. It's like yesterday when I gave birth to her, then now it's already two years.

We are now here at the event place where her birthday will be held. We really prepared for it. I told Chester that even if it's just a simple celebration na kami kaming malalapit sa isa't isa ang magkakasama but he refused.

He said it was just once in a life time so we should celebrate it. Si Chester pa ba? E kulang nalang imbitahan niya ang buong angkan naming dalawa para lamang sa birthday ng anak ko.

"Hindi ba parang ang dami naman masyadong bisita?" Naiilang kong tanong sa kaniya habang mataman na sinusuyod ang lugar.

There were so many people today and everyone was having fun.

"That's okay, hun. And besides, there's nothing we can do because they're already here, right?" Sagot niya at ngitian ako.

Sabagay... tama nga naman siya.

I just nodded. He kissed me again on the forehead.

"Come with me, I will introduce you to my relatives." He held my hands.

"Nako, huwag na Chester. Nakakahiya naman," bakas sa tono ko ang hiya.

These past years, parang nag-iba ang lahat sa akin. Yung dating walang hiya na Tiffany, ngayon ay tinatablan na ng hiya.

"But I already told them that I will introduce you to them," ngumuso pa ito, tila nagpapaawa.

I just rolled my eyes. Wala na rin akong nagawa nang hilahin niya ako at iginiya papunta ro'n.

"Good evening po," he politely greeted the adults sitting at the large round table.

"Ikaw pala iyan Chester ijo," the middle-aged woman replied. She then looked at me and said, "Maybe you want to introduce us to the beautiful woman beside you?"

She smiled beautifully at me, and I could see no trace of rudeness in her. Her voice was also gentle and lovely to hear.

"Yes, she is Tiffany. She's the girl I told you about," he said with a smile.

Suddenly, I felt embarrassed.

"Oh, hi sweetie," said the white-haired woman next to her.

"Hello po, I'm glad to meet you all. I hope you'll enjoy today. Thank you for accepting our invitation to my daughter's birthday," I said, trying to keep my voice from cracking due to my nervousness.

"Is she your daughter with Chester?" The old man asked, who I think was the white-haired woman's husband.

"Aba syempre naman, kanino pa 'di ba?" Sagot nung asawa.

"Ah, enjoy your meal po. We'll go to other tables to greet the guests," Chester said.

And as Chester said he introduced me to his close relatives at gano'n din ako sa kaniya, I also introduced him to my clan.

Halos lahat sila ay gusto itong si Chester para sa akin. Mama and Papa are here too, they really went to Manila just to attend Baby Brianna's birthday party.

Then, a tall man caught my attention. He was now walking in my direction. Chester was not with me, he was busy chatting with the guests. He just let me sit here because we had been standing there earlier for almost 30 minutes.