CHAPTER 40

DECXELL'S POV

"Shit! Doc, prioritize my wife! She's in a critical condition! What kind of hospital is this? You are lack of people to handle all your patients?!" I burst out.

"Calm down," Tita calmed me down. Binalingan niya ang Doctor. "Doc, please... do everything to make sure na maging maayos ang kalagayan ng anak ko." Pakiusap niya at bakas ang hinanakit sa boses.

"Yes ma'am, we will. But for now, you need to get out of the ER first because we're about to start the process." He said calmly.

I just sat right in front of the emergency room. Umupo ako sa sahig at doon tumungo. Hindi ko namamalayang sunod sunod na ang pagpatak ng luha sa mga mata ko.

If only I came earlier...

No matter how hard I tried to calm myself down, I couldn't. Aligaga pa rin ako habang naghihintay rito sa labas ng ER. I don't know what's going on inside.

Ano na kayang lagay niya? Is she alright?

Halos mabaliw na ako! I didn't want to just sit here while my wife was inside, but I couldn't do anything!

We heard the door of the ER open. The doctor came out holding a white piece of paper.

"Doc, is she okay?" I asked immediately.

"Who is the patient's relative?" The doctor asked, ignoring my question.

"Kami po, Doc." Sagot ni Tita.

"She's now stable, but she hasn't woken up yet. I need to tell you something, and you need to prepare for it because she has a serious case," the doctor started.

"Oh fuck! Can you just tell us right away? 'Cause we've been worried about this for a while now and we don't even know anything about what's happening." Nanghahamon ang tono ko so Tita held my wrist to calm me down. I knew it was disrespectful, but I couldn't help it.

"You won't know everything that happened if you rush me, sir. What happened to her is a serious case, and if you don't listen to what I say, you won't understand the patient's status right now," the doctor said seriously.

"Calm down, Decxell, let the Doctor explain," Tita said seriously.

I just sighed and nodded to the doctor, a signal for him to continue speaking.

"Perhaps you are aware of her illness that later turned into a heart disease. Hindi na ako magpapaligoy ligoy pa Ma'am and Sir. The patient needs sur—" Hindi niya natapos ang sasabihin nang bigla akong sumingit sa pagsasalita.

"Do what needs to be done, Doc. And as soon as possible, if she needs to be operated, operahan niyo kaagad." Singit ko.

"I'm not finish talking yet, Sir. And excuse me, there are more patients waiting for me. So as much as possible, listen to my discussions first." Walang emosyong aniya.

"Okay, go on. I'll just listen," I said.

"So, what I'm trying to say is that she needs to be operated on as soon as possible. The longer we wait, the closer she is to dying. She needs to have a new heart, or what we call 'HEART TRANSPLANT,'" Pagpapaliwanag ng Doctor sa aming dalawa.

So what are they waiting for?! Iintayin pa ba nilang maghingalo ang asawa ko bago nila gamutin?! Fuck!

"Operahan n'yo na Doc ang anak ko. Gawin niyo ang lahat. Magbabayad kami kahit gaano pa ang halaga. Basta masigurado lang na magiging maayos ang anak ko." Si Tita.