My Heart Beats Again

Louis is pacing around his room. He's been waiting for Harry to come to his house after he packed all of his belonging. He doesn't feel good about this. After what happened at the dinner, he really in doubt to let Harry went back to his house alone. But he also needs to respect Harry's decision. If Harry said that he can do it himself, he trusts him. But something inside him feels uneasy, like something bad is going to happen.

Eventually a black car is parked in front of his house, he can sees from his bedroom's windows. And he knows exactly whose car is that.

"Fucking hell," he mumbled to himself. He goes downstairs to meet the person.

"Hello there Louis,"

"Mom, what are you doing here?"

"Am I not allowed to meet my own son now?" Jay smirks as he takes off her jackets and put it on the couch.

"You know you own me an explanation, young man. Running away from that dinner like Romeo and Juliet. Try to be romantic there now are we?" Jay continued and she takes a seat on the couch. Louis sighs heavily as he also sits next to his mother.

"Look, I'm really sorry for what happened mom," Louis takes a cigarette and put it between his lips and takes out the lighter to light it up.

"Nu-uh, no smoking in front of me," Jay takes the cigarette from Louis' lips and throws it away. She scoots closer to Louis and pats his thighs.

"I wasn't expected that you're in love with that boy,"

Louis leans his back to the couch, "His name's Harry. And yes, I do love him, and I'm sorry for leaving the house just like that without any explanation,"

"Well, apology accepted,"

"Wait, you're not mad?"

"Why would I be mad?"

"Yeah, I was kinda, embarrassing you in front of our guests, and also, umm, well, that I'm attracted to men?"

Jay smiles and she crosses her legs. "My dear boo, do you think I'll be mad just because of that? It's your decision, and I will always support you no matter what. Oh and by the way, The Cowells are not our guests now, they're enemy more like,"

"What do you mean, mom?" Louis scratches his eyebrows.

"I actually don't like them,"

"What? Then how come you agreed with this crazy idea at the first place?"

"Louis, you see, we are only have each other in this family, so I thought maybe it's the best to expand our business, and for you to get married. But I don't like his daughter, what is her name? Banana?"

"Briana, mom. How can banana be a name," Louis chuckled.

"It doesn't matter. But boo, do you really love Harry? I mean, you're not easy to fall in love, I know my son. What makes Harry so special?"

Louis takes a deep breath and he smiles, only by remembering Harry's beautiful face, his long curly hair, and his dimples, oh wait and his giggles, which is music to his ears. Ah don't let him start with Harry's pair of green eyes, so mesmerizing, Louis feels like he owns a little sky full of the brightest stars in Harry's eyes.

"Louis?" Jay who is still waiting for an answer, startled him, and he's not even realized that he smiling like a fool.

"Haa, okay, I don't need the answer, it's already on your face," she shakes her head in amusement.

"What's on my face, mom? Besides handsomeness?"

Jays chuckles softly and she pats Louis' cheeks.

"I can see love on your face, which I haven't seen it in a long time,"

Louis smiles and he swears to god that his face is now red.

"It's obvious, isn't it? Every time he's around me, I forgot about everything. My problems are gone, my time is frozen. My world is totally changed and with Harry, I can be myself, I can be happy again. It's like, my heart beats again,"

Jay is so happy, because never in her life that Louis is so open about his feelings. He is usually a secretive person with unpredictable mood swings.

"If Harry really makes you feel this way, then I'm glad that you ran away with him," Jay said and he pats Louis' shoulder. "And I'm so proud of you,"

Louis smiles and he hugs his mother, although he's not so sure what is she proud of about. "Thank you so much, mom. You're the best mother in the world,"

"Yes I know," Jay said and they both chuckle.

"Well, where is he? Introduce him to me properly, I only remember him from the ball,"

"He's not here yet. He went back to his home to fetch some things. And umm, he's actually going to stay with me,"

"Aww that's beautiful, boo. But did you really let him go back to his house alone?"

"He insisted to go alone. He should be here by now. Oh shit, it's already late," Louis glances at his watch and it shows 11:20pm. Suddenly Louis feels the adrenaline rushes in his body, the worry is immediately conquering his body. Harry is supposed to be here by 9pm.

"Mom, I think something is happening. I don't know, but I can feel it, like something bad," he quickly jumps off the couch and pacing around the living room.

"I think so too. Simon was not so pleased about what happened. I remember his angry old face,"

Jay's words really makes Louis anxious, and he just realized how stupid he was when he let Harry to go back to that living hell on his own.

"I need to go check on Harry mom,"

"Okay, but please calm down and drive carefully, boo," Jay holds both of Louis' cheeks and kisses his forehead.

"I will, don't worry,"

Louis quickly grabs his keys and leaves his house. Deep in his heart he's praying to god that the love of his life is okay and save.