Prologue

When we last left Tracy and Xander, Xander fell into a coma for almost a whole month at the hospital, after getting shot in the stomach by his mother, Athena, and Tracy gave Xander his new uniform while he was in the coma, as an offering to join her in their battle to fight Athena, when and if he came out of the coma.

Tracy has visited the hospital every night and day since Xander got tortured in front of her by his mother.

Dimitri still doesn’t know about Xander; he just thinks that Athena took Tracy and another innocent man hostage and tortured them. As far as Tracy is concerned. Whenever she goes to the hospital she tells him that she is either going to go hang out with her best friend, Molly or going out on patrol, which is what she does, indeed do, just after she goes to visit Xander.

Jo has still kept Tracy and Xander’s secret but has been telling Tracy to let him go because it has almost been a whole month since he hasn’t awoken from the coma. But, Tracy has not given up hope.

Athena and her men have not been seen, since she left the warehouse near the Tenements, since the incident with his son.

After the surgery, his medical signs were stable, but he also has experienced hallucinations of his father, that Tracy murdered because of the fact that he had important information on Athena. Before and during the coma, he had a dream where it felt more vivid than the first time he had the dream and had the slightest change to the dream-like he didn’t have much control over it, than he did when he was in the motel with Tracy, when all he had to do was end the dream by waking up. The dream that was in the hospital he couldn’t move or even stop himself by waking up for that matter.

Before Xander woke up from his coma, he had a dream that he would be the one to pull the trigger on Tracy’s father and that he would be the one to kill Tracy’s father and ruin her trust.

But then this time Xander didn’t know where he was until he heard the muffled chains and whooshing of water. Oh, no, he thought to himself. Not here again.

He was having the same exact dream that he was having that night in the motel while he was sleeping with Tracy. Except this one was more vivid, and he wasn’t in much control of the dream than he was when he had it in the motel.

There were chains shaking and shaking. Muffled noises and whooshing of water. Xander couldn’t breathe; in fact, he was too afraid to breathe. Through the thick clear glass, he saw Tracy chained up submerged in water.

“Well done,” said his mother, Athena, in a deep and calm voice. “Well done.” She put her hand on his shoulder as he was staring through the glass in horror.

“YOU MONSTER!” said another mysterious voice that sounded so familiar that he just couldn’t place it. Then when he turned around he saw Dimitri, Tracy’s father, being held down to the ground, by Athena's men. “YOU LIED TO US! HOW COULD YOU?!?!” he yelled at the top of his lungs towards Xander.

Xander walked over to Dimitri to free him but then he was stopped by some sort of force was tugging at his thoughts, changing his movements, and then, his eyes, he could still see the shapes of Dimitri and the other guards in the room that they were in, except for the fact, that everything was a shady black.

He tried to fight whatever it was making him do the things he was going to do, but it was no use. Xander could tell that Dimitri was not happy at all.

Athena turned the end of the gun around so it looked like she was handing the gun off to Xander. He only had a blank and dumbfounded look on his face.

“I want you to kill Dimitri right in front of Tracy for me,” she said strictly.

Xander just stared at the gun listening to how Athena would go to making his life even more miserable than it already was, and took the gun away from Athena, and walked away from his mother. He could just see out of the corner of his eye that Tracy was struggling to free herself, and making muffling sounds, basically, saying no. He could feel his adrenaline pumping faster and faster, and he was breathing so heavily. He raised his arm up and around the gun that his mother had a grip on and held it ready to shoot and had the gun held to his side and started to walk up to Tracy’s father that was chained up and with tears rolling down his cheeks in despair and pity for himself, but Xander could tell he was feeling more anger than ever. “I’m sorry” he whispered, with his voice shaking; put his finger on the trigger. He clicked the safety off, and then pulled the trigger. Then the gun made a loud BANG! of a gunshot was heard.

That was when he finally woke up.