Chapter 18

Today was Friday. Still November. Tracy went with Xander back into her room and started to get ready for school. Xander put on the same clothes he had on yesterday. He had the shirt in his hands, until Tracy shook her head at him and threw a dark maroon cotton v-neck t-shirt at him. Xander put on his black jeans and then finally put on his black, and leather combat boots.

Tracy put on black leather jacket over a dark navy blue camisole that had a white dove flying on it. She went over to sit next to Xander on the bed and grab her high heels and leaned over and tie the laces across her leg.

Once they were all ready to go. Xander reached for his messenger bag, fixed his hair in Tracy's bedroom mirror. Tracy grabbed her backpack and threw it over one shoulder and grabbed her car keys. They both left her home with a smile. Tracy grabbed his hand and had it wrap it around her shoulders. Tracy reached her hand up and gently held onto his hand. They both looked into their eyes with the most happy feeling either of them have had in a long time. Then Dimitri was leaning up against Tracy's car with a look of smug. Xander moved his arm off of Tracy in embarrassment. “Sweetie,” he said sounding fatherly, “You go ahead and get in the car, I need to have a word with your friend.”

“Don't worry I won't let him hurt you.” She said and to make spite out of her father she grabbed his face and pulled him in for a kiss on the lips. She started playing with her keys and got into the driver's side of the car.

Dimitri walked slowly up to him with a look of distrust. “I hope you know that when I find out that you aren't who you say you are, or you are just using my daughter, I will hunt you down, I don't care if you are on our side or not. If my daughter is at all hurt by you because you laid a finger on her when she specifically told you not to.” he paused in suspense. “I will hunt you and shoot you like the rabid dog I know you are.” Xander understood why he was tormenting him. His father probably would've done the same thing. “Do I make myself clear?”

Xander nodded his head yes. “Come on, Xander,” Tracy said as she rolled down the car window. “We’re going to be late.”

“Alright, sweetheart. Have fun.”

“Oh dad,” she said. “I forgot to tell you I will probably be hanging out with Molly after school but I will call if otherwise.”

Xander walked away from the man that was distracted by his daughter. He got into the passenger side of the car. Opened the back seat door and threw his bag on the seat and got in the passenger door and sat down. Tracy started the car, she drove off out of the cave. On their way to the school.