Chapter 4

When Xander got to the boys' locker room, the boys were being rambunctious while getting their gym clothes on. Xander didn’t want people to stare at his wounds but all the locker bathroom stalls were full of scared freshmen hiding from the tough-looking football team. For today, Xander would let it slide and he wound up changing into his gym clothes where people could pretty much see his scars and burn marks on his back and everywhere else on his body. He went over to his square-shaped locker, put in his combination, that he still remembered and opened it up and carefully took his shirt off and noticed that his locker was empty.

Someone must’ve cleaned out my stuff, he thought to himself with a confused look.

“Hey,” a voice called out from behind him. Xander looked around to see a shirtless boy with black short textured crop top hair with a low bald fade. His eyes were a chocolate brown with the palest skin, almost pure white skin. “Are you looking for these?” He said with a smile, his teeth were just as white as his skin. The teenager handed him his clothes.

“Yeah,” Xander said uneasily. “Thanks,” he grabbed the clothes from the young boy.

“Oh, um,” the boy stammered. “Well, you know, people in the school knew that you were gone for quite a while,” he explained. “So the gym teacher was saying that someone needs to take your clothes out of it because I guess he was lazy, and he didn’t want anyone stealing them, or wanted them to stink or rot in the locker,” he whispered to him on the last part. “So I volunteered to take them out,” He continued.

“Why didn’t you just give them to Tracy?” Xander asked, not trying to sound rude.

“Because I have never known or seen you before, but I have known Tracy longer than you have,” the boy paused for a moment. “She must trust you so much if she denied that you weren’t coming back, she never gave up on you, and I trust Tracy. So if she trusts you then I trust you.”

“And you are?” Xander questioned.

“Oh, I am Andrew, but you can call me Andy,” he said, bringing his hand up to shake Xander’s.

“Xander,” he said, accepting the handshake having an skeaming look in his eyes.

“Do mind if I ask you a question?” he asked. Xander knew what the question was going to be.

“Oh, um, yeah.” Xander was daydreaming while he was talking to him while taking off his pants. While only wearing his black boxers. He could tell that Andy wanted to ask him where he got all of those scars that were all over his body.

“Where did you go?” he said. While Xander was thinking up a lie, Andy interrupted his thoughts with an apology. “You don’t have to answer if you don’t want to. It's probably none of my business. It’s just the curiosity up there,” he said as he started to tap the side of the temple.

Xander smiled awkwardly and nodded. “See you out there,” Andy said, feeling as uncomfortable as Xander felt.

“See you out there,” he responded back to what is believing to be his new friend.

When Xander put on his black muscle shirt made with cotton, he then put on his black, Nike branded training pants. He walked into the gymnasium when he scanned the room he noticed that all the people were out of the locker rooms except the gym teacher. That’s when Xander found Tracy just standing around in her sparring clothes along with her long wavy brown hair up into a high ponytail. Xander was walking over to her when all of a sudden a woman got in his way. The woman he recognized as clear as day. She was the girl that was with that one jock that almost beat him up on his first day at Turning Hill High. What was her name? he thought to himself faking a smile at her.