Chapter 14

Tracy went looking for Xander. When she walked by her room, she saw Xander standing at the farthest wall, looking down at the ground. Tracy walked in the room slowly. She took a seat on her bed. Started to fiddle around with one of the blankets. Touching it. Feeling it. Xander turned around to see Tracy. He came to sit by her side. He rested his elbows on his knees.

“I am so sorry about my father,” she said shaking her head, smiling. “Sometimes his attitude goes too far, and he gets overprotective of me sometimes.”

“It's fine,” he told her, smiling awkwardly. “I should’ve known I had it coming.”

“Yes, that may be true,” Tracy said with her hand on his back rubbing it. She started rocking back and forth as she was talking. “But that gives him no right to disrespect you without even giving him the chance to know you for the amazing, brave, and cute man that I fell in love with.” She looked up into his dark eyes.

“Did you say that you-”

“Yeah, I guess I did,” Tracy interrupted him.

There was a moment of silence where they stared into each other's eyes. Xander leaned in towards her slowly. Tracy leaned in towards him, slowly. Then she got a quick beep on her phone.

Xander and Tracy both stopped where they were at. Xander made a face that was embarrassed. “Buzzkill.” Xander quietly chuckled. Tracy checked her phone. It was a text from Jo. It read, I am sorry for your father's behavior today. I will give him a firm talking to. I won't get the blood sample, and polygraph results back until tomorrow. I figured it would've been easier to text you considering you were probably with Xander at this moment, and didn't want to speak with your father right now. TTYT (Talk to you tomorrow).

“Who was that?” Xander asks, snooping at her phone.

“Just Jo,” Tracy said, like it was no big deal. “She said that the night is ours, my father and Jo are going to talk and the lab results won't be back until tomorrow.”

“So,” Xander said. “Shouldn't we go back on our patrol?”

“We could.” Tracy said flirtatiously. “But, if Jo is going to talk to my father, then it will end up being my father doing our patrol, so he could burn off some steam.”

Xander understood. So they were finally, together, alone. No questions. No interrogation. No fighting. Tracy and Xander both leaned in for a kiss. They stayed on the bed, and Tracy pushed him slowly, back so they could lay in her bed. Xander layed down. They had their eyes closed; they didn't even care who walked by seeing them together because they were finally together, alone.