Chapter 19

Tracy was driving through the city to get to the school. Xander continued to stay quiet and look out the window. It was a long and quiet drive until Tracy couldn't take the uncomfortable silence any more. “So,” Tracy spoke up. “What did my dad have to say to you?”

“Nothing, important,” Xander struggled with the lie.

“I have something to tell you before we get to the school.”

“Uh-oh,” Xander said then smirked.

“Uh-oh? What's that supposed to mean?” Tracy said, smiling along with him.

“Don't you know when the girlfriend tells the boyfriend they need to talk it's never a good thing.”

“So, we are a thing?” Tracy asked, getting distracted.

“Well, I mean, we've already seen each other with our clothes off, twice. We better be something because it would be very awkward if we weren't who you said we are.” Xander turned his head to look at his girlfriend giving her a joking smile. Tracy was confused by how the statement was made but she understood the point.

“No, I-I mean, yes we are a thing. If that's fine with you, that's just not what I wanted to talk to you about.”

“Then, what did you want to talk to me about?”

Tracy paused, when they were stopped by a car pumping on the brakes in front of them. There was a whole line of traffic, blocking every direction of the highway. Tracy had a look of confusion as she put the car in park. “Well, we just about have enough time to ask you.” Tracy said as she turned around to look at him. “I've noticed your look of worry since you've come to the cave. Can you tell me what's up with that?”

Xander let out a loud sigh. He waited to answer. “I guess I am just worried about what my father would be thinking about all of this.”

“Your father?”

“Yeah, um,” he paused and looked down as he clenched his fists until the knuckles were white.

“You told me you father was the one that wanted to get away from Athena.” Tracy started questioning.

“Okay, this is going to sound crazy but I've just been thinking what if all of this was just part of my mother's plan to get back at you and your father?”

“That's insane no one's picked anything up about anyone from you mother’s guys or even her.”

“I know, it's crazy but I just really want to get her this time. I want to be able to live my new start in life without looking over my shoulder thinking that she would be there to hurt you or me.”

“Xander when we learn or find anything out about Athena before you. I want you to know that I will go to tell you first, alright?” Tracy said, promising him.

“I love you.” Xander smiled at her in satisfaction.

“I didn't think we were at the love stage yet.”

“Let's just say I like moving fast when it comes to being with you.” Tracy and Xander leaned in towards each other for another kiss.

They were kissing until Tracy's phone started buzzing. Xander and Trcay both backed away and rolled their eyes at each other. “You know one of these days, I’m going to shut that phone off.” Xander said jokingly, then he chuckled.

Tracy laughed at his statement. Tracy checked the time on the car's console, she bit her bottom lip. “Oh, shit.” The clock in the car said about 9:30. The cars were still not moving. “Ugh. Molly.” she whispered. She looked up at Xander and gave him a peck on the lips. Then she hit the answer button and put the phone up to her ear. “Hey, Molly, sorry I know I am late.”