Chapter 8

The criminals were inside the bank holding their shotgun, tight on the grip. They scanned outside while the two other men went in to steal the money. They were wearing all black clothing and enough jackets to cover a grizzly bear, a big one. They were even wearing black knit ski masks over the face to show nothing but little bits of their eyes and mouth.

Bloodshadow and Dark Matter walked through the door casually, not paying attention to what was going on at the ATM. Then Bloodshadow looked over to her right, and saw the criminals stealing the money. “Wow,” she whispered sounding shocked. “You guys really, haven't been around here, have you?”

The men looked at her like she was crazy and she asked to get shot at with their big guns. “Nice guns,” she said in a deep voice, filled with mystery gesturing to the shotguns they had in their hands. She confidently went around them until she got behind them and put her mouth up against one of the men's ears. She whispered quietly enough to where everyone could hear her, including Dark Matter. “My friend and I have guns too,” she spoke softly. Bloodshadow and Dark Matter, pulled out both of their guns and clicked the safety. The men that were taking the cash out of the ATM, froze dead in their tracks. The men with guns being pointed at showed wide eyes of fear. They started begging to let them go.

Dark Matter made a deal with the men as long as they leave the money then they won't tell anyone about what happened here, ever to anybody.

“You in one army,” one of the men said in a sign of cockiness.

The two vigilantes just stared at each other. Bloodshadow shrugged her shoulders in sign of giving up. “Okay, just remember that we warned you.”

Dark Matter grabbed a man and threw the man's face up against the wall and asked again to leave the money or they will do some serious damage to the robbers. The man that had a look of astonishment stared at the new vigilante in such terror. He begged them to stop and to let them go.

Dark Matter was going to let the burglar go, but some sort of force was stopping him from releasing the man. Anger. He felt his anger boiling and steaming, but why? He had no idea. Bloodshadow saw his neck veins pulsing with anger. She didn't know what was going on. The robber said they would leave, so why isn't Dark Matter letting the man that is being held up off the ground, with his back against the wall, sweating and crying in terror and begging, praying to let them go. Dark Matter saw the bank grow a tad bit darker and darker by the minute.

Xander did his best to fight the anger but he just couldn't stop it. It was as if something had a higher edge to the control. He yelled in pain. His head started to ring and would not go away. That was all he could hear, the ringing in his head, and his ears. Until finally he felt someone kick him in the back of the head with a handgun.

That knocked Dark Matter out of the somewhat of a trance and back to reality, where there was Bloodshadow with a confused look on his face, and bodies all over the ground caked in blood. He placed his hand on the back of his head where he was hit in the head. Did I do this? He thought out of, not confusion, but fear. The sirens got louder, and louder.

“Meet me up at the top of the building across the street,” Bloodshadow ordered her new, and changed partner. “I need to leave my trademark.”

Xander only nodded his head. He then felt a thick handle of a dagger that Bloodshadow gave him. He looked down and it was dripping and dripping in blood. The blood was falling into a pool of blood that was on the floor next to him. Xander was so confused that it brought him to more fear than he ever felt in his life. Even when Athena, his mother, found out that he disappointed her, then she would torture him and erase his memory, and brainwash him. He covered his mouth in shock and tasted blood on his hand. He looked at his hand and saw that they were covered entirely in blood.

Xander left the bank through the back so no one would have suspected him running from a crime scene. The sirens got louder and louder. When Xander got up to the building, he watched over as the police and the Coroners took the corpses to the ambulances in black body bags, and stretchers. The police tape was surrounding the entire bank. Police officers and detectives were conversing about the situation. Red and blue light flashing and shining onto the crime scene. Citizens of Turning Hill City, made Xander feel even worse. They stood there taking pictures of the crime scene with their smartphones or just standing there watching the emergency services do their jobs. Tracy walked up behind Xander, she put her hand on his shoulder. Xander couldn't speak, if he did, he was pretty sure he was going to cry. Instead he glanced at her from the corner of his eye. “Did I kill those men?” he asked shakingly.

Tracy looked down in dismay. “Yes,” she said. “But you should know that right, because like what you said back at the Kelly's you were fine and what happened at the gym had nothing to do with you after waking from the coma.” she said sarcastically.

“I don't know,” Xander didn't know what to say anymore. He couldn't lie to her anymore. He couldn't keep the secrets anymore. “I need help, but please, forgive me, I am not good with sharing my feelings and emotions.”

“You better get used to it, Xander,” she said. “Because if we are going to continue to do this.” She pointed at the bank. “Then we need to start being truthful with each other.”

“I know,” he said. “I just don't know what's wrong with me.”

“Let's go to a motel, and I’ll call Jo, she can bring some equipment and check you over better than what the hospital did,” she planned, and added the last part to add a light to the dark. Xander nodded and thinned his lips shut to prevent his bottom lip from quivering.

“Actually,” he disagreed. “If we are going to do this.” He did his best to hide what he wants to regret saying but it will happen sometime, better to be now than later. “Let's tell your father the truth.”

Tracy widened her eyes. “That's more of a death wish than a truth. Are you sure?”

“If we are going to learn and know how to work together we may need his help with these types of missions, especially, if we both don't know what is going on.” Tracy understood by nodding her head and taking his head they walked away from the bank, slowly. Tracy prepares for a good story to go along with telling Dimitri about the trouble that she is going to be in. Xander, just needs to know why and wants to go back to being a normal high school student by day and vigilante sidekick by night.