Chapter 15

It was six in the morning. Xander had Tracy sleeping on his chest. They had no clothes on. Xander laid in bed, thinking. He was thinking about what is happening to him.

Tracy slept soundless. Xander began to rub his fingertips on her shoulder blade, in tiny little circles. Xander tried to make his calming sigh quiet and subtle. Tracy stretched herself out and raised her head and her eyelids to look at Xander's face. Tracy looked up at his eyes smiling.

“Xander Williamsburg.” she whispered. Xander looked at her. “You are not very subtle when it comes to not trying to wake me up.”

“Sorry.” he apologized. “I was thinking.”

“About?” she asked.

“Honestly,” he started. “Well, you don't want to know what I'm thinking about.”

“Xander,” she said. “You need to just relax now while you still can.”

Xander felt confused. “Why?”

“Because if you don't we will be having the same conversation we are having now.”

Xander still didn't grasp on to any answer. He still wanted to know what the results are.

“Well, I have to get up anyways and I am feeling like going for a run,” she told him. “You should come with, it will clear your head of any troubles you may have.”

“Alright.”

Tracy got up out of bed and took the bed sheets with her, wrapped around her like an ancient greek toga with the biggest smile that Xander has ever seen since he met her. She went into her bathroom. Xander continued to lay there in the bed looking up at the ceiling, still thinking.

Then he heard a yell coming from the doorway. “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN MY DAUGHTER'S BED?!” It was Dimitri.

Uh-oh, Xander said. He rose up quickly out of Tracy's bed.

Tracy raced out of the bathroom with the sheet still wrapped around her body. “DAD!” she said. “What are you doing in my room?”

“You are to get ready to train.”

“What about Xander?” Tracy asked, calming down.

“Jo didn't come back with his results yet. He won't be training with you. He will be training with me.”

Tracy was nervous for him. “Alright, well, he can train with you after our run.” She said giving him a death look straight into his eyes.

“Fine, just be ready.”

Tracy nodded. Xander's face burned up a bright red, out of embarrassment. She chuckled and tossed his pillow at him. “What else did I tell you?”

Xander tilted his head, squinted his eyes at her in confusion.

“Ignore my father when he snaps at you,” she told him. “Now, come on, get dressed.”

She threw some of his clothes at Xander as he chuckled at her and caught them mid air. He came out from under the other sheets that were still on the bed. Tracy went back into the bathroom to finish getting ready.

Tracy started putting on a little bit of black mascara on her eyes. She didn't bother putting anything else on like her lip gloss, or her eyeshadow because she was going to be working out any ways, might as well not have her entire face covered in wet makeup when she could put it on later.

Xander got up and put on a blue workout shirt that he found on the bed. Tracy probably woke up before him and went to her father's room to grab some extra clothes or something of that nature. The shirt and pants looked like they had a nylon fabric on it.

He heard the door to the bathroom open up. He looked up and saw Tracy come out with a black sports bra, and some black workout shorts that had the nylon fabric on it, like Xander's shirt. He put on the pants and put on his shoes that he wore yesterday, black, leather, combat boots.

Tracy told him that she would wait for him outside, and gave him a kiss on the left side of his kiss. She walked out of the room. Xander watched her leave and smiled to himself.

Tracy waited outside of the cave. Xander came out grinning at her. Then, they started their run, where Tracy took the lead and Xander followed closely behind her.

They were jogging at an easy pace. Tracy stopped for a second and looked over her shoulder to see if Xander was still chugging along. Xander looked at her with calm eyes, but he was breathing rapidly. Tracy chuckled at him. “Are you sure you can keep up?” she asked him.

“Why? Am I not running not fast enough for you?” he asked jokingly.

“No, it's just we've been running for what an hour and a half, are you okay?”

“What, you think I'm not used to this kind of running, please,” he dragged, like he was saying it in slow motion. “I run this much all the time, when I am running away from my mother.” Tracy didn't have anything to say after that. “Let's walk then,” Xander then suggested to her. They continued to walk on their trail. The wind started to blow a little bit. Xander and Tracy started talking about what Xander missed while he was in the coma, and other things that they couldn't talk about when he woke up.

“I have something to show you,” Tracy finally said as they got deeper and deeper into the forest. She grabbed his hand and pulled him through a bunch of bushes tightly close together like a herd of sheep. Tracy pushed her way through the bushes. The sun hasn't risen quite yet. “This is where I come to think or just to get away, not even my father knows about this place.”

“A bunch of bushes?”

“No beyond the bushes.” When they entered the otherside of the bushes, there was a cliff where from the edge you could see the entire city. “You should really see it at night, it is more than beautiful.” Xander loved the view it was amazing and he could see a perfect view of everything from the Turning Lake, to a city full of people rushing to get to work or home, or to get that delicious cup of coffee from their favorite coffee shop to the Tenements where they don't know if they will live to see the next day.

“It is beautiful.”

Tracy turned to him and smiled, they leaned in towards each other, slowly to kiss. Then someone's phone started to ring. Tracy paused and opened her eyes in embarrassment. Xander pulled away and was smiling but was slightly annoyed. She pulled her phone out of her pocket and turned it on. “It's Jo, she said the test results are in,” she said looking up at him. “Come on.”

They continued their run back with Xander following Tracy and Tracy leading the way back to the cave.