~It's His Decision~

~Nene's POV~

I'm so excited for school! I wonder if Kou-san and Mitsuba-san go to the same school as Amane-kun, because it doesn't really seem like it. I decided to wear pigtails and my usual outfit. I go downstairs to see Amane-kun talking to my dad. Since when did Amane-kun come over here in the mornings?

"A-Amane-kun?!" My eyes widened in shock that Amane-kun had the nerved to come here after what happened last time.

"Hey, Nene-chan." Amane waved, with a slight smile that brought a warmth to my heart.

It always warmed my heart when Amane-kun actually smiled. A nice, real smile out of him was like a treasure to me. Amane-kun himself is a very good person, yet he gets bullied because of the broadcasters.

"Why're you here?" I asked, tilting my head to the right a tiny bit.

"Your parents texted me, which was really confusing, if I'm honest. They said that they need me to walk you to school since you've been coming home a bit later. I told them where you go, so since they know I know where you are most of the time I walk you to and from school apparently." Amane-kun explained to me, rubbing the nape of his neck.

"Okay, thanks mom, thanks dad." I smiled at my parents warmly.

"Okay, well we don't want to be late!" Amane-kun quickly went out of the door, waiting for me. I followed him quickly and closed the doors.

"What was that about?" I asked.

"You're a very curious person." Amane-kun pointed out, a relieved look in his eyes.

"E-Eh?! Is that a problem?! I-I'm sorry!" I panicked waving my hands, with eyes wide as moons.

"No, no, that's a good thing!" Amane-kun rushed in before I started drawing conclusions.

"Oh, thank you!" I said, smiling.

I noticed Amane-kun smile, then quickly replace it with his usual serious face.

"But, your parents, no offense, are weird. They told me I was perfect for you. They're just- a tiny bit annoying about that." Amane-kun told me, I did personally agree.

"Yeah, you should've heard them when you walked me home when you left. They were super embarrassing." I chuckled.

"Wow. I don't even want to know." Amane-kun looked at me and we started walking and talking.

"Yeah, they were super weird." I said, laughing.

-Amane's POV-

Sometimes I just want to hug Nene-chan so badly. She's a really good influence, though I don't want to get too attached. I bet they've noticed me hanging out with her already. Just what is she going to do to Nene-chan that I'll hate. Only hurting her physically or mentally is horrible, but I'd risk my own life for her. Is it bad I feel like that? I would hope not. Let's just hope they don't get in the way. I don't want to hurt them, and I know they don't want to hurt me.

"So, what's your favorite food, Amane-kun?" Nene-chan asked me, her usual warm aura surrounding me, making me feel happy.

"Doughnuts..." I'd mutter, slightly embarrassed.

"Don't be embarrassed, Amane-kun." Nene-chan gave me the warmest smile she could give.

"I'm not embarrassed!" I'd declare.

"Stop pretending." Nene-chan would lightly punch me in the shoulder.

I'd pretend to lose my balance and fall in mud, "You punch super hard!" I exclaimed.