Prom

**Nene's POV**

Someone actually likes me? Is this a trick? It has to be, but I guess I will still accept both questions.

"Of course, Amane-kun!" I smiled, trying to stay cool.

I looked at Amane-kun for a moment, seeing his shock clearly. Why would he think I don't like him? Amane-kun is the finest boy on Earth, the best I've ever met.

"We should head to lunch, I'll buy something for you, if you want." Amane-kun offered.

"No, that's fine!" I said, it feels odd still.

We walked back to school together chatting about summer sports. Amane-kun said he and Tsukasa-kun may play soccer. I said that Ao-chan and Mei-chan are going to most likely make me cheer for him. We both laughed at that, and talked the rest of the way to lunch.

"Nene-chan, Amane-kun! What took so long?" Mei-chan looked at us going to our lunch spot, near the janitor's closet.

"Um...." I looked at Amane-kun and he shrugged.

"They're together now!" Tsukasa-kun yelled jumping up and squealing with Ao-chan and Mei-chan.

"Wait- really?" Ao-chan looked happy.

"Yeah." Amane-kun glared sharply at his brother.

I've noticed that since I'm pretty sure the fair he glared at Tsukasa-kun. I think he's liked me since then? I won't think about it.

"Congratulations, Nene-chan!" Mei-chan looked really happy, "So, you two are going to prom together?"

"Yep." I replied.

I sat down and ate, we just talked about what we're going to do during summer break. We've decided that we'll go to the beach, an amusement park, go hiking, and stuff like that. We'll go to the beach the soonest. We also talked about summer sports and my prediction of Mei-chan and Ao-chan was accurate, 100% accurate. They think it'd me cute, I do to but I'm a little bit too shy for that. Especially around other people, but I'm doing it for Amane-kun, Mei-chan, and Ao-chan. Tsukasa-kun said he's going to do soccer and bowling.

The bell finally rang. We waved to each other and went our separate ways, heading to our final classes of the day. All I could think about in class was that I was going to have to go shopping with the group for proper clothes for prom. I half-listened to the teacher, so I didn't have to ask for notes from anyone. Since earlier the whole class was weird.

**Time Skip After School, Pleasure of No More Boredom From Author-Chan**

**Nene's POV**

Me and the group went to the mall. Tsukasa-kun begged to go to the food court and Mei-chan wanted  to go with him, they were hungry, hungry hippos. Ao-chan dragged us to a fancy looking clothing store for dress-wear. I looked through the dresses to see what'd suit me. Ao-chan picked a lavender one, obviously. Mei-chan bought something from Hot Topic, shockingly not caught by Ao-chan in the act. Tsukasa-kun and Amane-kun both bought generic tuxedos to blend in. I bought a pink dress.

"Since we're here we can go to the food court for lunch, I'll pay." I volunteered when everyone bought what they needed.

"Great idea, Nene-chan." Amane-kun agreed.

"I've been hungry since breakfast." Tsukasa-kun complained, meant as an agreement.

"Why not!" Mei-chan said happily.

"I guess we're here already." Ao-chan shrugged.

We all got food, Amane-kun got doughnuts, Tsukasa-kun got a bunch of cakes, Mei-chan got Swedish meatballs, Ao-chan got a cheeseburger, and I got a hot dog. We all ate, then went to different stores to pick up more clothes, and swimsuits for the beach. When we returned to each other, we all laughed at Tsukasa-kun. His said, 'I have an idiot brother.' and we all found it hilarious because how predictable it was. Amane-kun said he had stuff that fit him at home, Ao-chan bought tons of stuff, Mei-chan bought stuff from Hot Topic, even a Funko Pop.

"It's almost 7:30, we should head home now." Amane-kun noted.

"Probably." Ao-chan agreed.

When everyone, except Tsukasa-kun agreed we went to our houses. I walked home with the twins since our houses were near each other.  We waved our farewells after talking about why memes are useless except a few true ones and went home. When I walked in the house I heard my parents talking.

"Should we leave Yashiro alone at the house?" My mom asked.

"It's for the best." My dad said.

What was going on?

"She has friends to stay with, Ao-chan, Mei-chan, and remember the boy? Plenty of others and you choose alone where she could get kidnapped? We'll be gone for months!" My mom said.

What do they mean?

"I guess so, we can ask where the boy lives." My dad agreed.

"Yashiro?" My dad saw me standing there.

"Amane-kun lives a few houses to the left." I said, an unwanted edge to my tone.

"How much did you hear?" My mom asked, I could tell she was sad and felt guilty.

"Enough, where're you guys going?" I asked, feeling a tear stream down my face.

"Egypt to visit family, if you want to come we don't know how long we'll be gone for. Around 3 or 4 months, if that's okay." My mom said, with a nervous smile.

"It's okay, I'll stay with Amane-kun." I said, smiling.

"Check if his parents are all right with it." My mom said.

"Okay," I grabbed my phone and called Amane-kun, "Hey!"

"Hey, Nene-chan!" Amane-kun greeted, I put it on speaker so my parents would hear.

"My parents are going to Egypt for a while, they said to stay with a nearby friend. Is all right if I stay with you and Tsukasa-kun?" I asked.

"Of course, Nene-chan! Anything for you." I heard him giggling when he said that. 

"Thanks, bye!" I laughed a bit.

"Bye!" Amane-kun then hung up.

"Okay, then. Your staying with Amane, your boyfriend?" My dad asked, to make sure he heard right.

I nodded.

"Well, we'll head off then!" My mom grabbed a few suitcases and headed off with my dad, I walked to the Yugis.

*A Few Hours Later*

"Wait, so you're parents went to Egypt?" Tsukasa-kun asked.

"We went over this for three- " I cut off as my phone rang.

It was the police. Why though? I picked up.

"Hello?" I said.

"Nene Yashiro, right?" A man asked.

"Y-Yes, what is it?" I asked.

"Your parents got into a car crash and died." The officer said, then hung up, he had better things to do.

I felt a tear stream down my face. My parents died. They were so young, they didn't deserve it.

"What's wrong? Do I need to get Amane-kun? You're crying." Tsukasa-kun looked at me.

I ignored him and focused on the one thing, my parents are gone forever.

**Author's Notes: Why am I making Yashiro's life so horrible in this. She got shot, got bullied, and now her parents died? At least she has Amane now. Hopefully you enjoyed the chapter, see you next one.**