8.

[ 𝙰𝚞𝚐𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝟿𝚝𝚑, 𝟷𝟿𝟿𝟹 ]

I stared at the ceiling in deep thought. Thinking deeply about how my life has changed and yet so quickly. I really miss my aunt and how things used to be. But things always happen for a reason. God changes your life for a greater purpose.

I sighed, turning over in bed.

As I closed my eyes I heard a light knock at my door, " Come in." I spoke softly, lifting my head a little.

My door slowly opened but I couldn't tell who it was because my contacts weren't in.

" Yeah?" I asked reaching over to grab my glasses from my night stand.

" Can I talk to you for a moment?" De responded.

" De seriously. What now? It's always something." I rubbed my face.

" Yo you can seriously calm down forreal. Can I talk to you or what? I'm coming in here on some positive shit and you talking to me like I'm your problem."

I took a deep breath and bit my lip hard, " Yes"

" Now like I was saying...."He continued. " I've been thinking about you."

" And..." I said bluntly.

He looked at me and paused ignoring the annoyed tone in my voice, "I never got the chance to fully apologize for standing you up like. I wouldn't do that to you and your son on purpose I'm not even that type of person. This shit been eating up."

" I'm glad you owned up to that but seriously De? Do you know how long it's been since that happened."

" Yeah and I've been trying to apologize but I just couldn't get the courage to do it yet."

" Okay De" I laid my head back down.

" I was wondering if I could watch him for you or something. I know your aunt wants a break."

" That's honestly very nice of you but I can't ask you to do that."

" But you're not asking me. I mean that's the least I can do. I can give you some money to get your hair done or go shopping or something while I watch him."

" I don't need your money I ain't Alicia." I rolled my eyes.

" Come on now." He huffed frustrated.

" Well I am going somewhere today."

" Okay cool. I can drop you off wherever you going."

I nodded my head sitting up, " Deal."

                                  __________

" When we walk in don't forget to say hi, yes ma'am , and no ma'am cause she already don't like you." I said getting out the car.

" What you mean she don't like me?" He got out the car and closed the door.

" I meant what I meant De."

We walked beside each other to the door and rung the door bell.

" But she hasn't even met me yet. Wha-"

My aunt swung the door open smiling, " Hey sugah." She smiled giving me hug.

" This is Devante." I smiled pulling away from our hug.

" Oh so you're Devante?" She raised a brow at him.

" Yes ma'am" He spoke confidently.

She sucked her teeth and moved out the door way to let us in.