12.

[   𝙾𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟾𝚝𝚑, 𝟷𝟿𝟿𝟹.  ]

" Get off of me!" I screamed mostly out of breath.

A large hand roughly grabbed me. I couldn't see a face because of the darkness that surrounded me. He caught up to me.

Fast.

I couldn't run fast enough because my knees were too weak in fright.

" Please." I cried out.

His heavy breathing clouded my thoughts.

Everything was spinning. My strength was useless. Me attempting to fight him off was like the strength of a lion against a bunny.

He yanked me towards the ground. I cried and pleaded as he yanked my shirt apart. He had no mercy. The louder I cried the rougher he got with me.

I screamed and screamed hoping someone would hear my cries. Hoping they would feel the pain through my hoarse voice.

I was alone. No one heard my cry for help.

" Wake up mommy." A child's faint voice echoed through my spinning head.

The man roughly grabbed my hair in anger.

" Wake up." The high pitched voice echoed in my head again.

The man roughed me even up more. The voice in my head proceeded to get more clear after each punch but the man's voice got scarier and deeper. He suddenly grew tall as a tree. In fear I looked up at him as he towered over me.

His eyes glowed in the darkness.

I've never been this frightened in my life. He slowly reached his hand to grab me. Everything was moving so fast and I was just frozen in fear.

" mommy." The voice in my head was so loud my ears ringed.

Just like that. I snapped out of the darkness. My eyes instantly popped opened.

I noticed my body was drenched in sweat as I sat up.

Tyrell watched me, sleepily rubbing his eyes, " It's okay mommy. Don't cry"

I couldn't even smile and let him know everything was gonna be okay. Because it wasn't. It never has been.

A single tear rolled down my cheek, " I'm sorry." I gave him a hug. " It was just a nightmare." I got out of bed. " Come on let's go back to bed."

I grabbed his tiny hand and walked him to his bedroom.

He got under his covers and I kneeled beside his bed, tucking him under the covers, " Goodnight. I love you." I kissed his forehead.

" I love you too the moon and back." He smiled. " Goodnight."

" I love you to heaven then to the moon and back." I turned off his lamp. " See you in the morning." I spoke softly.

I walked to my kitchen and opened the fridge, pulling out a cold bottle of water, " This is the third day in the row with no sleep." I mumbled to my self before taking a sip.

No matter how hard I try to hide my true self I still can't escape the many deep dark secrets from my past.

I won't reveal what i hide because everything is better in the dark.

_______

I quickly looked at my watch before applying more makeup under my baggy eyes.