2,500 mosquitos

I sat down next to Damiar and looked at my hands. It was awkward even if he was asleep. God, what is wrong with me? His presence just makes me angry then, I guess.

I look over at his face, a small smile resting on it. How can he sleep so peacefully when all this is happening? Is he not upset about losing his home? A literal pandemic happening? Having to stay with me and deal with my bullshit? I just don't understand him anymore.

I miss understanding him. I just miss him so much. But I will never go crawling back to him if he thinks that's what this is. You hate him y/n, remember that. Never forgive him.

Suddenly, I notice my hands start to shake and get confused before realizing the burning sensation in my eyes. I was holding back tears I didn't even know were threatening to spill. I quickly wipe my eyes with the back of my hands before I could cry. I glanced at Damiar again, his face now twisted into a frightened frown.

The more I look at him the more I want to forgive him, and have everything go back to old times.

When we were younger, playing freeze tag with Kai at the school playground, growing up and discovering new things together, going to school dances as each other's date even though we were just friends, when he first asked me out, when he kissed me and I kissed back. I can't forget these things.

But I also can't forget when I was in the hospital suffering, he was with the girl I disposed the most.

The memory flashed before my eyes.

So when I found out, why didn't you try to stop me from leaving? Why didn't you apologize?

Now the tears were rushing down my cheeks angrily. My face was as hot as lava once I finally clenched my hand around a towel beside my bed, using it to dry my face. I sniffled and Damiar shifted. I looked at him once again and tears started to rush down again. And boy was I trying to stop them.

I stood up anxiously and walked to the door in panic. I stepped out and saw Damiar sit up, rubbing his eyes and then letting them fall on my red and soaked face. Frozen, I stared back at him and that lasted for almost a minute. But I shut the door and rushed away as soon a so had gained back my composure.

"Y/n!" I heard him shout but I ran down the stairs and out the door, ignoring anyone trying to stop me. I basically ran to the park and onto the wide, grassy field as soon as I got there. I dropped onto the soft, warm grass underneath the bright sun and stared off into the sky. How was I stupid enough to cry when he was right there?

- - -➹ Damiar's POV 😌

I had woken up from a nightmare when it happened. I sat up, rubbed at my eyes and when I looked up, there she was. Y/n was standing there staring into a gap between the door and the doorframe, ready to leave but stopped when she noticed me. I didn't know what to do, so I froze as well.

It had been a long while since she'd been this vulnerable and emotional anywhere near me, and I was shocked. It was obvious she hated me. Was she crying because of me?

Before I could even finish thinking, she shut the door and I heard her fast footsteps down the hall.

I called her name as I shot up and rushed to the door. I ran down the hall. By the time I got to the living room she was gone. I looked around the room and everyone looked shocked and concerned.

"Where is she?" I asked.

"She went out front." Y/n's mom replied as she furrowed her eyebrows up at me. I nodded and began to walk away when my mom placed a hand on my arm.

"What did you do?"

"Nothing. I-I don't know." I said, half truthfully, and proceeded to run outside. Y/n wasn't in the yard. She was gone. There was no way I would be able to find her. I just wanted to find her, clear things up, and finally have things back to normal. But things would never be back to normal again. She hates my guts and has proved it so many times before. She doesn't know I still care, and won't let me show her that I do.

-----

A/n
Hi now u know some more stuffs abt what happened between you guys, now we await D's side of the story. This was pretty short, about almost 800 words but better than none. Was just a quick update since I took like two days off writing lmao

anyways bye and also I'm surprised this book is already doing pretty well. I'm glad you like it so far. I hope it's able to get enough love as my kai fanfic since I will be ending that soon but I still enjoy writing and interacting with y'all :)