Chapter 22

Gloss's POV
A few days later
We haven't had any kills besides on the first, and there are just 10 of us left, so I know the alliance will brake soon, but maybe me and Izzy will make it out. A few hours into the day and we decide to go hunting, so we split up, me and Jake, and Izzy and Britney, so when we get everything we need we head out, me and Jake decide to go north, and Izzy and Britney go south. A few minutes into the walk we hear footsteps and head towards them, and see that it is the District 7 tributes, and we kill them easily, and I hear a scream and I realize it as Izzy's, and I turn around, but when I do I notice that Jake tries to stab me with his sword, but I move out of the way quickly and say, "I guess the alliance has ended," and Jake says, "It was never going to last," and runs at me with his sword above his head, and throw my knife and pierces him straight through the chest, and it kills him instantly. I hear the cannon, and walk off, and I hear multiple screams, and cannons, so I guess either every tribute has ran into each other, and Britney started to kill them, or she took them out one by one, but I don't care. I start walking back to the cornucopia, and I hear Claudius Templesmith's voice through the arena saying, "Congrats to the 2 final tributes. Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor," and I realize this is it. I have to beat Britney to get back to District 1, and back to Cashmere, so let's get this final showdown started.