Chapter 2: Turn of Events

Win woke up first thing in the morning to finish the written report that he needed to submit for today. As much as he hated doing work stuff at home, he needed to so that he could finish early and free his time for the rest of the day. He did this for the sake of the dinner that his parents arranged.

He needed the time to have a new makeover and suit just for the occasion, due to his parent's command. They want him to look pretty and elegant despite their son having phenomenal good looks. They just want him to be in his best shape.

Win sighed as he recalled how his parents convinced him to do those things just for the said dinner. He still can't believe that his parents decided an arranged marriage for him without his consent. The only reason why he agreed to go to the dinner is because of the person they want him to marry. He became curious because of how confident his mom was when she said that he's going to like it.

Whilst recalling what happened yesterday, an image of Bright flashed in his mind.

He started to think if this was considered a form of cheating.

Realizing what he just thought, Win laughed at the idea. He's not even dating him, more so acquainted. To think he would think like that made him frown that made the smile on his face disappeared in an instant.

"Should I give up already?" Win mumbled as he took a sip of his coffee.

His heart clenched in pain just by the thought of it. He didn't know if he could handle the pain to let go of the only love he've come to know.

He placed his coffee down on his table and took a deep breath. He grabbed his phone beside his laptop and immediately went to Bright's IG account.

There's no new post or story from the latter, knowing this just added a fuel to Win's fiery anxiety.

Win opened his front camera and stared at his own image. He thought his looks aren't that bad but how come he doesn't have a love life. He came from a good family and his characteristics are likable as well. He wondered why Bright never noticed him despite stalking him for years.

"Of course he won't. He already has Gun. What do you expect?" Win talked to his self from his phone.

"Why do you have to fall in love with him?"

"For all the alphas out there, why does it have to be him?"

"Why didn't you took Gulf's advice when you found out he's not available anymore?"

"Why are you still holding on to your feelings?"

"Why?"

"Why?"

Asking himself for the last time made him shed a tear. He looked at himself at his phone and voiced out, "Why are you crying? You look ugly."

He turned off his phone and massaged his head, wondering why he's still enduring and holding on to his feelings.

For once in his life, he experienced different kinds of emotion and it's all thanks to love. His love towards Bright.

He experienced being happy and overjoyed just by seeing Bright. Even the little things concerning him made him happy. He even did experienced being sad, angry, jealous and envious on how Bright cared and loved Gun.

It was the first time for him to have someone occupied his entire mind and especially his heart. He's the only one he could think of, he's the only one he could dream of, and he's the only one he could imagine to share the rest of his life with.

His life could have been great.

It was such a shame that it's only one-sided.

It was such a shame he was already taken.