Chapter 6: Peculiar Night

Win was on his way to their house after the long lecture that he had with Gulf. They went on with it for hours, not worrying about the time at all. The next thing they knew, it was already nine o'clock in the evening.

To think time went by so fast.

But at least, it turned out to be a productive afternoon.

He got to settle his current problems to his best friend and finalized his decision whether to love the alpha or not.

Win felt happy that Gulf is always there for him. He knew he could always count on him no matter what.

Along the way on the road, Win saw a familiar convenience store. A place where he always buy his favorite desserts when he played in the playground next to the store during his childhood days.

A sudden temptation struck him at full speed, devouring every bit of his rationality.

Ice cream.

He immediately parked his car near the convenience store and took his wallet as he got out of his car, walking in a fast paced towards the store.

He bought one pint of vanilla flavored ice cream all for himself. It was one of his favorites. At times like these, Win always indulge himself on sweets. It became a habit of his since he was a child.

Eating sweets became a way for the omega to suppress or soothe negative emotions, such as stress, anger, fear, boredom, sadness and loneliness. For him, it became a propensity to eat in response to negative and positive emotions as well.

Chocolate, candy, ice cream, name it. Anything that could satisfy his palate.

Win went to the playground next to the convenience store and decided to eat his ice cream as he sat on a swing. It really felt nostalgic going back there. Those times that he played there were so memorable. He remembered how he used to play there alone when he wanted to make friends beside Mew and Gulf. He was a loner without the two so he wanted to try on his own to socialize with other kids. Unfortunately, no one befriended him. He felt that he'll never make a friend on his own, not until a cheerful kid came to his rescue.

Win still think of that kid as his precious childhood friend.

He wondered where that kid is, hoping he's alright. The last time he saw him was there at the playground years ago. He haven't heard anything from him at all.

He looked above the heavenly bodies, wishing for his childhood friend's health and to meet him someday once more. He looked around the playground and noticed that it haven't change a bit. It was really dark out there if it weren't for the lamp post. He swing himself slightly, wanting to enjoy the cold breeze of the night together with his ice cream.

In the midst of eating and swinging, a passenger saw him and sat next to him on the swing. He raised an eyebrow to the stranger when he noticed that the guy is staring at him, "What is it?"

The stranger smiled at him, making his body shivered. He averted his gaze, not wanting to interact with the stranger whom he thought weird.

"You live around here?"

That deep low voice caught his attention. Win found it very soothing and sexy. He shrugged it off and wondered why this stranger is asking him questions like that.

"No." Win deadpanned.

"That's a bummer. Then what are you doing here? It's pretty late."

Win furrowed his brows. That guy is really getting into his nerves. Not only did he disturbed him from his quality time for himself but he also has the nerve to act familiar with him and ask him irrelevant questions.