27: 'You are mine now and I don't share'

Warning: Smut Ahead.

CARL'S POV.

After the swim session which involved a ton of make outs, splashing water on each other and racing in the water, Gavin and I lay on the sandy beach. Our bodies soaking in vitamin D. My eyes wandered on the firmament, appreciating its blue hues and the fluffy patches of clouds that adorned it. I couldn't help but wonder if there was some place else, above the sky.

Perhaps heaven, like most people believed. A home where someday, the righteous children of God would live forever. Mom has always said that a gay person won't go to heaven. That God doesn't love sinners and being gay is the biggest sin of all. For years, I have believed that my soul was doomed. That hell would be my final destination. And maybe I was right.

"What's on your mind?" Gavin's question severed my string of thoughts.

"Just thinking of where my soul will go to when I die." I stated, a forced smile kissing my lips.

"Obviously heaven. You are one of the good ones." He blurted.

"Really? You think so?"

"I know so. If there's someone who deserves the first class ticket to heaven, it's you Carlito." He reassured.

"But what if you are wrong? What if hell is in fact my destination?" I contemplated out loud.

"Then we will be roomies in hell. I bet the devil is really hot. We could have a threesome." He proposed.

"What?" A laugh flew past my lips. "You are loco!" I added, rolling over and lying on my belly.

"As long as my craziness gets to make you laugh, then I shall forever aim to be crazy." He said, a smile settling on his lips which had been glued to mine a while ago. Blood rushed to my groin as the image of our make out in the ocean, played in my head.

"Wonder what you're thinking of now." His gaze was directed at me.

"You." The words slid past my lips, without a thought.

"Tell me more about your thoughts of me, Mr. Mendez." A playful smirk dancing on his lips, he urged.

"I was thinking of the kiss we shared moments ago."

"Was it good? Bad?" A frown sat on his brow.

"It was perfect. You, Mr. Mileford, are a terrific kisser." A compliment crawled out of my smiling lips.

"Thank you, M'lord. Took years of experience." He winked.

"Years of experience you say? How many people have you kissed?" A frown creased my brow.

"Honestly, I can't keep count." He stated, impassively.

"Let me guess, 90% of River Bridge High." Suddenly, a feeling of jealousy washed over me.

"Maybe. I don't know." He shrugged.

"And how many have you slept with?" For as long as I have known, Gavin has always been a fuck boy. So why the fuck does it bother me now that he slept with I don't know how many people? Why does it matter to me so much? What is wrong with me?

"Carlito, I don't think you need to know that." Sensing my shifted mood, he sat up. Eyes glued to me.

"But I do." Sitting up, I retorted.

"Why?"

"Because I like you and I want to make sure that I am not one of your many hook ups. I want this to mean something---us to mean something." I replied, twiddling with my bony fingers. A habit that I found, calming. God knows I needed to be calm before I went all C4 on him.