chapter fourteen

the clear night had passed and thick clouds were hanging in the chilly morning air.

it was as if the sun hadn't quite awoken from its slumber yet, just like passed out shino who was laying in his large bed, not even in his pajamas, still in the uncomfortable clothes he wore in the hospital.

yuri was in his old room that he used to share with hiroto, also in his bed, hugging a pillow and gently snoring.

today was a cloudy day and it would probably rain again, but that didn't mean shino didn't have to go to work as usual.

when they got home after finding a taxi on a street corner, it was already almost half past five in the morning, the blond would have to be in work by eight.

so with just these few hours of sleep, the annoying high pitched sound of his alarm filled the room which made minnie lift her head from the bed and gaze around.

these days, the little puppy always kept her owner company at night, quietly laying at the end of the bed as if she wanted to protect him.

while not even looking at it, the tired man shut off the noise, rubbed his eyes and sat up.
only to fall back into his soft pillows again.

"ahh, i'm so tired," he whispered to himself and thought about calling in sick today, but in the end, he knew that his job would get him off of his thoughts, he would be able to have his mind focused on something else for a few hours.

and that was the motivation for him to finally fully get up and move to the bathroom down the hallway.

he walked past yuri's and hiroto's room, the door was slightly open, just as much so that he could peep in, seeing the dark haired man just laying there, the window wide open, as always.

with a soft smile on his lips, he entered the bathroom and washed up, got ready for the day.

while combing his a little outgrown hair, he watched his reflection and felt like he wasn't controlling his body.
life.

a long sigh escaped his mouth before he finally broke off the intense eye contact with himself in the mirror and walked away, down the stairs and into the kitchen.

he was already late, there wasn't any time for breakfast.

he started to brew coffee but even for that time was too short, so he just quickly grabbed a thin coat to go with the cool air and closed the front door.

yuri would wake up soon, so he just left him a quick text message telling him he was at work and asking him to take the dog on a walk.

and also, to make himself feel at home again.

it took said person quiet a long time to awaken however, only when minnie scratched the wood of his bed to signalize him that she needed to pee, he opened his heavy eyes.

his vision was blurry and he tried to locate where the scratch noises were coming from, until he saw the little animal looking up at him with big and begging eyes.

"where's park?" he asked while yawning and grabbed the phone off the nightstand, instantly finding the text message.

he had decided to stay over for a few days, maybe weeks.
it was summer vacation anyway, and as a teacher he didn't have to do as much.

the things he had to do, he could also do at home, especially after calling his boss and explaining his situation, he was very understanding and gladly allowed him to stay with his friends for a little time.

"i'm not taking that dog on a walk, i hate dogs," he said more or less to himself and as if minnie had understood him, she barked softly, and it looked like she had furrowed her brows.