chapter twenty nine

the temperature was dropping rapidly, when yuri woke up in the morning to his large opened window, he was freezing.

he quickly moved up to close it while rubbing his hands together.
when he passed by the large mirror opposite his bed, he dared to look at himself again.

how did he lose so much weight so fast?
his legs looked fragile, the cheekbones on his face were visible now and his overall skin tone was three shades lighter than before.

he didn't look like he spent his summer in jamaica anymore but rather somewhere in a hole where the sun never shone.

with furrowed brows, he opened the door to his room and surprisingly, a ball of brown fur was standing right in front of it.

"not you again, what do you want?" he groaned as he exited the room now fully, when he tried to close the door again, minnie quickly moved in the way and slipped through the thin way into his room.

yuri sighed and followed the dog, she snooped around on his bed, then on old hiroto's before exiting again.

"this thing is so weird," he thought to himself and decided to just forget about it now, with quick steps he rushed into the bathroom to wash up and get ready to meet eden again today.

when he thought about today, his stomach felt like it was exploding in the best way possible.
a little blush creeped onto his face.

yuri coughed before splashing his face with some water, at least now he was okay again.
not like last night, when it felt he was vomiting out his lungs again.

but he didn't want to think about it. he wasn't taking it too seriously, he never took anything to seriously because he believed nothing mattered in the end anyway.

after quickly brushing his teeth and combing his hair, he jumped down the stairs and with a swift movement, he turned on the pink radio on one of the kitchen counters.

some soft rock was playing and he tried to dance as smoothly as possible, and he was so focused on the melody and his moves, he didn't notice a quiet chuckle in the corner of the room.

"what in god's name are you trying to do, yuri?" shino laughed from the living room as he held a mug of black coffee in his hand, still in his pajamas.

the dark haired flinched and turned the volume down, but he couldn't help but also laugh at his embarrassing attempt to dance when he knew that he had no rhythm at all.

"i hope that wasn't supposed to be dancing," the older teased again before walking up next to him and turning up the radio again.

"i'm gonna show you how it's done, son," he giggled and swung his hips in a very erotic way that yuri almost choked on his own saliva.

both of them broke down into hysterical laughter and shino even dropped a little coffee on the marble floor of his kitchen.

"aren't you supposed to be at work today?" yuri asked, collecting himself again and fishing for the cheap cornflakes in the cupboard.

shino nodded.
"yeah but i took the day off since i wasn't doing too well today and yesterday."

yuri raised his eyebrows in disbelief.
"matio forced you to stay home, right?"

the older sipped on his coffee while looking away in shame.

"no."
"yes."
"no."
"stop lying."
"i'm not-"

the dark haired lifted one corner of his mouth and reached for the milk in the refrigerator to pour it over his cereal.

"okay, he might've told me it would be better if i stayed home."