epilogue

the white smock fit eden's small body perfectly.

he walked down the corridors of the hospital, his blond hair already growing grey at the roots and a few wrinkles forming around his forehead.

he smiled with every step.

when suddenly, gabriela walked up to him and tapped his shoulder.
she was a little younger than him and her blond, chin length hair was tied back into a very tiny bun on the back of her head.

"we have a new patient, mind looking into it, doctor?" she asked friendly while looking at her colleague.

he nodded happily.

"what's going on with him?" he asked as gabi led him to the room of the patient.

"his best friend died in a car crash but he won't believe he did, he keeps on telling us that he is still alive and sitting next to him right now," she explained and looked through the square window into the room of the patient.

a little black haired boy sat in the room, his legs hanging off the bed and he talked to something that wasn't there.

but he looked convinced that it was.

eden couldn't help himself but sigh and let his smile grow brighter at the sight.

"okay, let me handle this, thank you, gabi," he answered and the blonde woman walked off.

he looked at the boy again.

then he thought about eli and shino.

nothing much had changed, eli was living in his own little apartment a few minutes away with poppy and shino was still living in the house.

but he had a wife and two little daughters.

eden wasn't really in the mood for anything like that, he was finally a psychiatrist and he was the most content he had ever been in all his life.

before opening the door to the patient's room, he sighed again.

and then he greeted the little boy, and the best friend, with his warmest smile possible.