Councils

Notes: I'M SORRY D:

I KNOW! It's been FOREVER since I last updated. I know it's been frustrating for all of you waiting for an update. I understand completely. As an avid fanfic reader myself, boy do I know.

Anyways, I hope y'all can forgive my procrastinating ass self. I'd say that life got busy and I had a lack of inspiration and writer's block. I mean, it did and I sure as hell did. I was working in one job last year, then I left it and started a new one this year. Next thing you know we have a pandemic and things are crazier than ever.

I haven't been doing nothing, I can assure you. I wanted to have more ready for y'all before I came back to post again. But I just got so frustrated with myself, I decided Fuck it! I'm posting! So, here's the next chapter (FINALLY lol). I have two more already written and the next three thereafter all mapped out. Like I said, I wish I had more ready, but I'm writing more lately (thank the gods).

Also, I've only just now realized that it's been a whole ass year since I started posting this story!? :O Well, damn!

Anyways, I hope y'all enjoy! :)

---------------------------------

The council meeting had been going well, everyone giving full reports regarding the past few days. Everything was successful so far, and even though it was smooth sailing for now, Daenerys couldn't help but feel anxious. Everything has been so easy, working out in my favor, and yet I feel like something bad is about to happen. Daenerys sat back, listening as her council and allies talked. To her right, her mother listened aptly, hanging onto every word that was said. Everyone had been exceedingly shocked to be sure, but after a few minutes had calmed down to their usual selves. Never would they have thought to see the queen mother alive after all this time.

Daenerys looked around the room, finding everyone's attention to be on Ser Barristan as he gave his report. Her eyes soon found Jon's, noting his intense gaze had been focused on her for most of the time already. She smiled softly at him, to which he blushed lightly, returning her smile. Daenerys sighed, enjoying the adorable blush that had graced his cheeks. She knew the meeting would soon be over, meaning she and Jon would announce their intention to marry to their small councils. For a moment, Daenerys wondered if she should dismiss her allies or allow them to stay for the news. Perhaps... Perhaps not... Sighing, she gave Jon one more smile before turning her gaze back to Ser Barristan as he finished up his report.

"Well, it seems like everything is going to plan," Daenerys said, sitting up in her seat. Around the room, everyone gave a nod in agreement. "Lady Greyjoy," she began, turning her gaze towards Yara.

"Yes, your grace," Yara said, stepping forward.

"You said your uncle could become a problem." At Yara's nod, she continued. "Lord Varys," she said, looking to the spider. "Have your little birds find out what they can of Euron Greyjoy. I suspect should he ally himself with Cersei, it be best to be rid of him sooner than later." She turned back to Yara. "Should Lord Varys' little birds discover your uncle has allied with Cersei, I will accompany you and your fleet with my dragons to extinguish him and his."

"Are you sure that's the best idea, your grace? You could get hurt, or worse, you could be killed!" Tyrion exclaimed.