Chapter 2

I don't own Paw Patrol

(Rocky's POV)

The end of August is coming soon, and everyone is doing their best to try occupy their free time. Ryder is planning our trip this September, on a place called Nehfer City. Everyone is making sure to make our remaining three days in Adventure Bay is worth it

I looked up the place we were going into. Ryder said, he had a who live there named, Martin. Martin has a house far from anyone, rural but has a modern touch. Martin lived alone, so the house is mostly going to be occupied by us. He said he doesn't mind after all, Ryder is the friend who he kept in touch the most.

The house was quite far from the other people's houses. You'd have to go pass a forest to go to the nearest house. Which seemed weird, but Ryder said that Martin isn't good with people. That Martin found it liberating, found freedom inisolation.

He also warned us not to wander out of path. If we wandered to the woods there are wild beasts there, ready to hunt us down. The road is fenced from the wilderness, but it doesn't mean you can't go to the other side. Though the chances of encounters were low, it's never zero. They walled off some sections that are inhabited by wild animals, protecting both the people and the animals who lived there.

He also said, that because he's the only person there patrol cars rarely come, so we'd have to rely on ourselves. Getting help is different from getting our needs. Food is easy to access because of a market place is the nearest neighbor he had. There is a well outside his house, that is claimed to be crystal clean.

The only problem of living alone, is that you're alone.

With that being our main problem, I made preparations. I was making a better tracking program, for the pup pad to use, and a better tracking device in the pup tags. It's not that I don't trust them [the other pups], but it's easier to find someone when you have them marked.

Spending almost a day on this thing, I look at the time. I completely secluded myself from the others, focused on working, for a whole day. It's was supposedly easier, but the silence was so deafening that I couldn't bear it.

I had to leave my work postponed, today. If I don't, I might go crazy over the eerie silence, begging to be filled. That's why I kept Zuma around. He fills those moments of silence with random comments, questions, praises and noises, that I desperately need to keep myself sane. Unfortunately, Zuma is currently on a mission with Ryder and Skye, I kept myself busy.

I should ask Marshall if he wants to play.

I got out if the garage, looking forward to play with the firepup. I look around and saw no one, not even the leader of the pack, Chase. Thinking they're playing somewhere, I decided to look inside the Lookout.

As I was entering the Lookout, Chase mad dashed out of there. We collided. He successfully knocked the air out of me. When I was about to apologize, he was gone, out of sight. He probably was in a hurry, so I didn't question it. It was just rude to not apologize when you bumped onto someone.

I picked myself up and went upstairs. If no one is here, then I'd probably sleep for the day. It's only past noon, but I don't think I can continue working on it today. I know we only have three days left, including this one, but you can't do something you're not interested in. It'll just drive you crazy and emotionless. I don't want that.

I went to my room, I turn and turn and turn. I couldn't sleep. When Zuma came back I asked him, since my sleep was thwarted. Zuma didn't want to sleep earlier and I didn't want to play either. We understood the difference in what we wanted, but I'm regretting that I didn't accept his offer.