Chapter 3

(Rocky's POV)

Two days left, before the trip and I'm already having an off day. I woke up early, so that they [Zuma and Marshall] won't realize that the shepard was outside the dally's door.

Knowing full well, Chase would try and single out Marshall into talking with him. The fire pup was brave during duties, but was submissive to the police pup's orders, even if it wasn't a professional matter.

Ryder wouldn't like it if he found out that they had an argument, nonetheless, hear that Chase insulted Marshall. He insulted his bestfriend.

I turn to face Zuma, starting to stir awake. He goes on trying to untangle himself in the dally's arms, who was still asleep. Succeeding, he walks towards me, with a worried look on his face, clearly wanting to talk to me. I didn't let him speak yet.

I pulled him towards the door and opened it a little.

I whisper in his ear. "He's been sitting there since last night." The labrador looks, his eyes widen. I asked," Do you think we should tell Marshall?"

He walks towards Marshall, looking as if he made up his mind. The sleeping pup whimpered and woke up, clearly upset about something.

I asked."What's wrong?"

To which he replied, with a sad look in his face. "I relived what happened, yesterday."

He stood up, Zuma nuzzled him. "I'm fine, Zuma. I just wish, I can move on already. It hurts and it will hurt again, if I see him."

"You can always come to us, if you needed something, Marshall."

I nodded, smiling at them. "Yeah, Zuma is good at that. Listening to what every word I say."

The dally laughed. "Sure, sappy puppy is going to you guy's room, when sappy puppy needs it."

The rumbling sounds of our stomachs echoed the room, signaling that it's time for breakfast.
We laughed it off and got off of Zuma' bed.

We stepped out. Zuma and I completely forgotten that Chase was there. He [Chase] didn't react when I exited Zuma's room, but looked anxious and insecure, when he saw Marshall exit the room.

What's Zuma doing?

The labrador was walling off the shepard's clear view of the dally, blocking it with his body. The police pup responded, by walking towards us.

His presence was different, it was hard to breathe. He looked tired, eyes were red, almost like he didn't get any sleep last night, and his cheeks were wet, like he recently cried.

He made a conversation.
"Move out of the way, Zuma. It's a matter between me and him, so back off. " he said it with anger, but I look at him and he looks agitated, clearly did not have enough sleep.

The dally retorted, and Zuma isn't a fan on how Chase was talking. The water pup and the police pup were glaring at each other, and Marshall was hiding behind me.

"What do you want, Chase?" I interrogating him.

He paused to look at me, his glare disappeared. "I just want to talk to him." He looks behind me "Please, Marshall. I need to clear things out."

The dally tapped me on the shoulders, I move out of the way. He goes on to talk to Chase, tail drooping down, legs shaking and eyes wide open. "I-it's fine, Chase. I-I get that your not gay, t-that you like Skye and hate me, t-that you don't want to be friends anymore. So please, just leave me alone."

The shepard put a paw down, gripping onto the dally's paw, claws out but not piercing through his skin.

Marshall flinched, but was unharmed. Zuma and I were ready to jump at him, hurting/threatening Marshall would be last thing he'll do, or he will get hpurt.