Chapter 16

Part 2

"The illusion toyed with my past, and what I did wrong. It even brought familiar faces to make me feel miserable. Once I've realized that I wasn't in the same place anymore, I saw my mistake. I subconsciously regretted that moment."

(Rocky's POV)

In the midst of everything, there was little to no sense as to why they held Martin captive. They weren't thinking logically. Each one of them were erratic and unstable. Additionally, they were making a fool of themselves.

Inside City Hall, Martin was cuffed to the Major's chair. Skye was tied roughly, by her neck, even if sbe was wearing her collar. Both of them show no means of struggling, they gave up of freeing themselves from their shackles.

"What are you doing to them!?" I ran inside, seeing the awful display of illegal detention.

In a flurry, a german shepard ran past me. "You're a person of society and this is how you treat them?" The police pup shames the man in a blue uniform for his unprofessionalism.

The man was triggered by the words je heard. "Back off, pup! We're just trying to get the hell out of here." He swats us off, turning around. "This person is the only one who can get us out of here."

"And you're getting the feeling he knows a way out by keeping him in restraints? Don't you think that if he knew how to get out, he would have done it by now?" I growl. I feel my myself snarling.

I never understood why my muzzle is pulling back, but I know I sense danger. The rippling figure of my face is like a fancy table with a decorative table cloth, put pressure in one side and the whole thing wrinkles, put too much and all the stuff falls down and a huge mess remains on the floor. That image doesn't seem to be comparing what I'm about to do.

As I was still in my position, ready to pounce at him, there was someone behind me. Naturally, each one of us hear him, dodging with ease. The policeman and the other person, a female, who seemed rather scared than oppressive.

"Easy. We're just trying to get out of here, but the kid doesn't want to cooperate with us." She unfolds her hand in surrender.

Her haggard look showed how depressed she was. Her eyes were red, sore from crying. Her cheeks were dirty with makeup, but a stream of tears made their markings on her. She lost someone, and was mourning for days, desperately trying to find, both those she lost, and a way out of this place.

Without fail, the policeman went straight to Martin to interrogate him, once again. "How did you got out, unharmed and sane, last time."

"I don't know." Martin's voice was tired and lacking of energy. Judging by the time, he hasn't slept well or ate anything for the last hours. He was clearly giving up.

Still, the unstable man didn't miss hitting his face. Staining the his pale skin with a red handprint.

Skye shrieks, scared. She hid behind Martin's chair, who rocked because of the sudden force the policeman did.

"Hey! You stay awake until you answer out question." He slaps him again.

"Hey-" I start to protest, but Zuma already ran up to the person and started threatening him with biting.