Chapter 4

(Rocky's POV)

Today, September 1st, we travelled to Nehfer City. Ryder said the travel was an hour to two hours long, if we used the Paw Patroller.

We got up just before dawn, everyone was excited. We actually got a real vacation.

Granted, we did lay off in Adventure Bay, but we were thinking about missions when we're here. Now though, we could enjoy life, just us.

The trip was pretty boring. Sure, Marshall and Chase were ogling at each other, same with Skye and Rubble. Ryder even tried to bring Katie along, but she declined, saying there was no one to look after the shop.

I just read some books while listening to some tunes, not caring whatsoever. Marshall, Zuma and Sky were playing Pup Pup Boogie, the other two were cheering and that's it. Nothing excited happened, or I was too immersed because of the book.

We took a stop by the market place, before we go through the woods towards Martin's house. He said to buy a couple of stuff, ingredients and necessities. Martin did say we need to conserve gas, the nearest gas station was a mile away from the market place and I'm not spending time to go waste gas, just to get gas.

The road to the only home in the woods, Martin's house, took about 10 minutes or 20-35 in pup walk/run. So we made sure that everything is kept under the impression of not needing to go to town more often than not.

A teenage boy greeted us. His skin was pale as snow, his hair was white, with a little light blue highlight. His eyes have heterochromia one has yellow and blue, and one has red and brown.

His sense in fashion was... something, he was wearing a culture shirt under a purple v-neck vest, blue jeans and black shoes. He also wore this brown fedora with a strip of black and a gold square in the side.

The teenagers spoke.

"Hey, Ryder! Hey, Pups!"

"Hey, Martin. Is it really okay for us to crash in your place? The house is humongous, but are you sure were not troubling you?"

The white-haired boy laughs then shrugs it off. "Are you this insecure and paranoid when you were going to missions?"

The other spoke. "No, we rarely get any, now in a days."

"Oh, so you do need this getaway. Hehe. C'mon in then."

The house was fairly big. It was a three storey house, with a balcony on the second and third floor, a porch, attic and a basement, that is filled with interesting things for us to discover. This house is so big, I think it's served it's historical purpose.

When we got here, we saw that there was a circus under construction. We asked Martin what that was all about and apparently it was going to open tomorrow. So the pups and I were excited, we rarely see a circus in Adventure Bay, and on our first day of vacation we get to see one.

On typical first days of vacation, you typically just do minimal things outside and more things inside, because you just moved in. But, Martin said to pack our swimming stuff because we was going to show us something.

"Where are we going, Martin?" Asked Ryder.

"It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you, right?" Martin teases, so we left it there.

As we were going out, Marshall stopped us.
"Do you guys hear that? It sounds like scratching."

We listened, but we heard nothing.

"Did you drink toilet-water again, Marshall?" Skye joked.

The dally turned red and we all know the answer.