Chapter 13

(I don't own Paw Patrol)

(Rocky's POV)

I woke up, slowly easing my paws out of Zuma's bind -- his furry paws wrapping around me. The silent... night... day... hour, doesn't seem to matter in this place; however exhausting this may seem.

After making sure my mate isn't going to wake up anytime soon, I quietly went outside, surveying the surroundings. The dark corridors were a little bit uncomfortable, at first. Walking very carefully to not fall down the stairs, like I did last time, I successfully made my way outside.

The sky, the time, the condition, and the feeling, didn't seem to move, yet the people are constantly changing -- erratic and uneased -- they question everything; including me.

One of the many questions that I needed answers to, is the well and this house . I saw its design, it has nothing to go on by. Just a water source randomly placed near a isolated household, where you have enough space for a plantation. Even if the sun and weather is kinda screwed, there is electricity -- renewable and non-renewable.

In this remote house, you can live here without the need of social interaction. Food and water is available in the perimeter (apart from meat). Martin's house has a back-up power source: a large energy silo beside it. And if runs out, I could probably use the things I have in my rig to make a water generator by the falls.

Onto the next question, the files underneath. Which I may add, are a summarized version, of the once behind the bookshelf, in the Mayor's office. The fine prints underlining: the hysteria, the causes, the effects and many more.

To sum, we basically have a temporary shelter. One where you can try to survive while looking for a clue on where to go next. To emphasize on that, the house is going to make the most of everything, and eventually we'll ran out.

With consideration, all the people who are present here, they are in danger of starvation; Including us -- over time.

I remove my paw from the cold stone, that is the well. Taking another loop around it, something still felt odd. As if it was intentional for me to see that stucture blueprints, in the Mayor's office.

It made me want to look further in it. But I stopped myself.

I turn back towards the house, hearing a couple of voices in the kitchen. Judging by the tone: one is a tired more depressed tone, while the other sounded worried. It was pretty to assume that both teens are awake.

"You seriously don't believe that we can't leave this place. There has to be a way, we promised them!" The tired voice said.

I heard liquid pouring down something, a spoon stirring something, silence then a loud gulp, with a satisfied exhale in the end. Someone was up all night... or day.

I turn the corner. Ryder was sipping down, on something the smelled like hot chocolate. With Martin standing in front of him with a amused smile. Martin looked like he just woke up, Ryder did too, but I guess he's going back to bed soon.

"I may sound pessimistic." Martin started. He looked at me, gesturing me to come to him. He picks me up, then he continues. "But it's better to be realistic than lying to ourselves."

"None of this feels real. It tries so hard to assimilate itself onto us, and we fully immerse ourselves in response to fear." The words slipped pass my recognition. Another thing that I do subconsciously.