Chapter 10

AN: Okay, this chapter is kinda like a filler episode. I have a weird plot line of events, but continuing to hide some context like: Rocky's feelings for Zuma, Canon relationship, and Rocky's past (more on that in this story) are needed of some sort of light. So I decided on making this weird episode. Enjoy :}

(Rocky's POV)

"Where am I? I don't..."

"Where is everyone?"

"Hello?"

Where am I?

It's dark, that's all. I wander around alone in this dark place. I can't even see my paws, nor a sign of light.

"Whose there?"

A voice called for me. I call back to it, expecting a sign of anyone... Nothing.
I continue to wander the path, where the voice came from. Until, I fell somewhere.

I was rolling mid-air, scared out of my wits. I close my eyes, expecting my demise... Nothing. I fell onto something soft, something cold. Soon, another thing fell on top of me, contrasting the cold feeling underneath me. It feels like a-

"Rocky?"

I shot my eyes wide open... It's him.

"Hey, bud, you okay? You looked like you're having a nightmare." The blonde strokes my fur, pulling me close to himself. "You wanna go sleep with me?"

I cried as he carry me towards the bed. I wasn't crying because of a nightmare, I'm crying because of a dream come true -- he's back. The room itself felt nostalgic, the rock posters, the single bed, the laptop, stuffed bear I used to gnaw on. This is his room, Sydney 's room.

He tiredly puts me on the bed, next to him, carefully placing his arm and the blanket on top of us. He rubs my cheek, then proceeds to place a kiss on my head. He hums the melody of my favorite song, yet I couldn't sleep. I can't fall asleep just yet. I want answers.

With a meek voice and a slight voice crack, I said. "Are you real?"

He didn't seem flustered, more like tired, sarcastically laughing as usual. "Do I look like a fairytale prince to you? Of course, I'm real -- what's wrong ?"

"N-nothing, Syd. It just..." I broke my words with a sigh, it was hard to lie to him. "... It's just confusing me."

"Wanna talk about it then? It's Sunday anyways, I don't have classes." he places his hand on my body, his warm fingers contrasting the cold air-conditioned room -- it felt familial -- yet bothering.

"I don't understand how messed up it was, Syd -- I dreamt of you dying. I was stuck in a horrible place and it was messing with everyone's heads -- including me." I deeply exhaled, no words came out of my mouth except.

"Zuma."

"What about him?"

I blushed. "H-he was in it with me. He was a caring and loving pup, with the cutest lisp. He even helped me through the hell-of-a-place that was my nightmare, my messed up head made. Too bad he isn't real."

A raspberry was heard from the blonde teen. "Guess that dream really messed your brains, Rocky. I can't even imagine you forgetting your mate like that -- you guys were practically connected to the hip. Plus..." he wiggles his eye brows. "I never heard you compliment him like that -- you really do love him."

S-so his my mate!? Wait! If Zuma is here, then the others are might be here. When can I me-

My owner's fingers grabs my chin, lifts me to face him -- he's smiling. "I may not understand what's going on, but I guess it's better if we sleep for now. Zuma will be here first thing in the morning; and last time I remembered, you guys took a two-hour bath together."