Chapter 11

(I don't own Paw Patrol)

(Rocky's POV)

The room was quiet, Ryder and others were sleeping. After the scene I put out in front of Zuma, he doesn't let go of me, even if I went outside to relieve myself. Sure, the headache is gone after I woke up, but Zuma still thinks that I'm lying; hence, the clingy pup. He wraps himself over me, yet again. This contact isn't unique, somehow, it feels proper, unlike the stupid dream I was in. I will pick the real Zuma over the dream one.

Everyone soon took some shut eye, the walk here took a toll to Ryder's weaker body and Marshall's worries grew silent, over the lulling sound of hid mate's snores. Martin was the only one left awake with me, the white haired teen is violently scraping his head off, thinking of where to go next. We planned to go to town to find the others, go back, then get the hell out of here. But with the fact that, they were somehow knocked out outside, it made it look more unsafe for us, to stay any longer. Of course, I suggested to go to the Major's office, give it a look before leaving. But through out the week, no one saw the Major in and out of town. Hopelessness, is what we all feel, right now.

Soon after Ryder woke up, we leave eventually. With Skye and Zuma being the only two pups being carried, and the rest were walking on their own. Skye wasn't injured, neither did the two teens, but she didn't want to talk nor socialize with us, Ryder, is yawning constantly, while our white haired friend, is uncomfortably scratching himself.

"Whatever happened outside, made them more unlike their usual selves."

"They're losing to a battle of will. You too are losing,as time goes on."

"Sigh."

Leaving the circus rink, I noticed that the sky hasn't gone lighter, it got darker, even. I passed out, surely I wasted time inside my messed up head, but it wasn't at all true. Ryder said that if our stories line up: from when I woke up, to finding everyone, up to now, it should be 7 am, but it is still darker -- the color of our hope.

The town felt more empty, we couldn't hear anyone, anymore. Some we saw dead, others are either still experiencing it, missing, or conscious; one thing in common, their surrounding is unfriendly to them. The fire we saw earlier was put out, by the remaining few 'sane' people we found, but none of them said a word about escaping this hell hole. Some were scavenging food, others even tried to kill for it. No matter where I look, it just looks miserable and devastated. Nothing can save this town. Death is the only good thing left for it.

"Or I guess they'll live in denial, just like most people, when they get out of a situation they didn't expect to or understand how it happen."

Our group continue to venture. We got into the mayor's office... surprise, he wasn't there. We were left to walkinto his office and search for anything, like a clue on where he might be or what he might do, in this situation. Thankfully, it was on the first floor, so we didn't need to exert much needed energy. The lights still works, but it doesn't help find a person who isn't in the room. Ryder immediately took a nap at the desk, Skye and Zuma were unhelpful, unlike the worry wart and depressed mate.

Ryder and Martin tried to look for clues in his [The Mayor's] desk but only found: paperworks, staplers, pens, pins and normal office stuff. The room itself didn't felt used, the dust on the floor and most other equipments, felt unmoved; except the floor near the bookshelf. The ominous looking bookshelf, with not much books in it, surprisingly. The frame is old, yet the books were new, as if it was intented to hold a small number of books, arranged in a weird fashion.

"Interesting, indeed." he speaks through my head. Giving me glimpses of his theory, a secret behind it.

I wanted to share my discovery to the others, as it seems like the water pup behind me didn't notice it. "Hey, guys." I call out behind me.