Chapter 17

(I don't own Paw Patrol)

(Rocky's POV)

"Uh, god my head hurts." I groan at the ringing in my ears.

My head feels like it is being pressed by a thousand needles. Comparable to the pain striking down every corner of my body. My hind leg, especially. As if my body wasn't circulating blood properly, I couldn't move.

I guess I need to lay on my back. For now, at least.

I do as I say. I lay on my back, raise my head upwards, I spread my legs wide open, and just indulge this morning sunlight. It was quite early for me to be taking another nap, but I could move; regardless of what I was doing.

"Ooh...yeah. This feels right." I say out loud. Smiling, immersing myself to the wilderness.

I hummed a tune. The birds sing along in harmony. The various chirping, the leaves rustling, even the little critters around me -- that are hopping around and enjoying themselves -- all are in sync with peace.

With the surrounding being this great, I couldn't help myself to thinking of a poem, helping me commemorate this event from happening. All at once.

Let's see... how do I start this? Hmm...

I need some rhymes at the end.

Oh, how I wish someone would lend,

A help that could satisfy my needs.

And make them feel accomplished in doing such a deed.

Hehe... This is fun.

The world around me seems to fall in place.

Reminds me of the falls that crashes in haste.

And the sky, is ever so beautiful.

Blue, white, yellow light. It is delightful.

I continue the process of making said poem. Even if it wasn't as good as I wanted it to be, it was sure is fun. Maybe enjoying the world, once in a while, could be a good thing.

"Welp, time to get up." I turn to my paws.

They weren't hurting anymore, except one of my hind legs. I jump around. One, two and three. It doesn't hurt, but it does feel a little bit tensed.

I've been wanting to take a dip, ever since I heard the water crashing. I couldn't help myself. The water was too blue and clear. I could even see the bottom from here.

With the excitement, I jumped. A loud splash soon follows. I was underneath the waters and enjoying its cool scenery. The only thing that was missing is a friend or two.

"Where is everyone?" I think to myself.
"Oh, wait, I woke up here. They probably don't know I'm here... I should probably go back now."

After stalling for about a minute or two, I emerge from the waters, and started shaking the waters out of my fur. Without a towel to completely dry me to the roots, I still feel relatively wet.

"Ryder is so going to be pissed if he finds out I'm not home."

How did I even got out?

I shove the thought aside and trailed my way back. Thankfully, there was a rope here, or else I couldn't find my way home. Martin did say it was here before he even came here, so I guess it was easy to get lost here.

I wonder how many people went to the falls, before us.

After clearing the beautiful trail with all the birds, accompanying me with their song. I was back at Martin's place. The wooden style house was in full view. I face north, then looked at my shadow.