Chapter 3: His Past

(Garou's POV)

What the hell. She just let me off so easily. I walk back to the base and get greeted by the big boss and his assistant.

"I see you're back," he says. I nod and stay for a meeting. The assistant looks at me.

"So, where have you been?" he asks. I think.

"I was busy patching myself up struggling to get back to the base. I encountered a random hero attack as well as a spy for the hero association," I said. He nods and leaves it at that. I secretly go back the next day to that lady's house. I smell some pie. I go and knock on the door gently. She opens it and looks up at me.

"Hm? How unexpected, why are you here?" she asks.

"I'm not sure," I said walking in. She closes the door and walks to her kitchen. I noticed she's wearing a flowy apron around her with some flour smacked onto it. She doesn't seem concerned about why I'm here, what if I wanted to kill her? Would she even fright? 

"Well, I guess we can eat together," she says. She brings over two big bowls of ramen and hands me chopsticks. Amazing, the appearance and savoring smell. It's almost a little too addicting. 

"Aren't you afraid that I've poisoned it?" she says eating her bowl. I look at my bowl and smell it to make sure. Did she actually do that? 

"You eat it," I said. She leans over and gives a taste than going back to eating her bowl.

"What if it only harms monsters and not humans?" she says. This damn woman! She's mocking me! I decided to taste the noodles. It was delicious. I kept on eating it. She was just playing with me. She turns to me and smiles.

"Are your wounds doing okay? Should I patch it up again?" she asks.

"No, it's already healing up," I responded. I take a closer look at her. Is she really a spy? She walks and comes back with a slice of blueberry pie. 

"Here," she says. I take a bite and chew it all down. 

"I know you probably can't go to the cities, but do you want to come with me to see the firework festival tonight?" she asks. "I'll make sure to give you a disguise,"  

Although I shouldn't do it, I like danger. Being with a spy for the hero's association and going to grounds that could kill me. The idea is perfect. 

(Chiaki's POV) 

I take his big hand and look at his palm. He looks at me surprised. 

"You must fight a lot with your hands," I said looking at him. 

"I-I..I..." he stutters.

"Hm?" I pondered. He pulls his hand away from me. 

"Don't touch me," he says coldly. I get up and walk to my room to grab a big black hoodie and grey sweats for him. I also brought along a black face mask for his cover-up. I put the clothes next to him. 

"So tell me, why did you become a monster?" I asked sitting back down. 

"I don't like how monsters always lost. It annoys me that the hero always wins," he states. 

"I see," I said back. 

"An annoying classmate of mine, he was the popular kid. He'd force me to always be the villain and everyone would go along with it. He'd kick and hurt me, until one day, I finally fought back. I tried to tell the supervisors, but no one cared and thought I was crazy. This is why I hate heroes and humans! There's no justice or morals! I want the monsters to take over and show every single one of them that monsters will win," he says angrily. I slowly lifted my arms and went in giving him a tight hug.

"W-What are you fucki-"

"You must've been in lots of pain. I wish I was there to help you," I said giving him a tighter squeeze, although it was hard to with his big body and those big muscles. I felt some motion as he slowly wrapped his arms around me. I listen as he clenched down his teeth choking back his words. I could sense he still had some pain that he'd never got to express. He must've been bottling up that old pain. 

"Thank...you..." he says quietly. He's really warm, his body heat is quite strong. 

"So, will you go with me to the festival?" I asked. 

"Mmm, fine," he says. I let go and smile laughing.

"I have to admit, you coming here makes me feel less lonely. It's really nice being with someone again," I admitted. "Call me Mio when we're out in public and I'll call you...Red," 

He looks at me.

"HUH?! Did you just look at my hair and give me that name!?" he shouts. I laugh and nod being honest. 

"You couldn't have given me another name!?!?!" he shouts.

"Nope, I'll just call you that," I said. I poke his hair. "Can it ever go down?" 

He looks at me with one eye twitched. I keep poking it as he grabs my wrist to stop me.  

"Yes it can go down, I just put it down by force!" he says. I laugh and take the dishes back to clean them. When I finished, I noticed he's already changed into his disguise. 

"Don't get caught before tonight!" I said. 

He nods and leaves my house.