Chapter 2: Saving Garou's Life

(Chiaki's POV)

I walked into my room carrying a breakfast tray for Garou. I set it on his nightstand until his eyes opened.

"Morning," I said. "I set up products for you in the bathroom. You can get ready and eat your breakfast then leave," 

I watch him rub his eyes nodding as he goes to the bathroom. Does he really think I live out in the middle of nowhere? Guess he doesn't know that I'm a spy for the heroes league. I wonder what would happen if I told them about him appearing here. I watch him come back sitting on the bed and eating. 

"Let me repatch you up," I said grabbing my first-aid kit. I come back and take off the bandages and reapply everything onto his body. I look at him and noticed he was thinking in his own head. He looks at me.

"Do you think monsters are all that bad?" he asks.

"Many are, but some aren't. It's only a hero's job to get rid of them, but sometimes I ponder about how they became a monster. I've seen something named "monster cells" being passed around," I said. He looks a bit taken back.

"What else do you know about monsters?" he questioned.

"Nothing else really," I lied. "So, where are you going back too? The city?"

"I live out in the wild," he says. The smart answer I guess. I hear my doorbell ring and walk out to open the door seeing another spy. 

"A hero reported about a certain human claiming to be a monster around here, I have a warrant to check around the house," he says. I let him in and wonder what Garou is going to do. I follow the spy as he checked up into my room and noticed Garou standing in the middle of the room. 

Garou looks at me, "You're not any ordinary girl, are you?" he asks. 

"I guess you could put it that way," I said shrugging. 

"I see, you lured him. I guess it's time to get rid of him," the spy says.

"Ah, go do it outside you two," I demanded. They both look at each other than go outside. They both get ready as the spy sparks the first move. I watch the speed of the spy while Garou is defending himself with his arms cross covering his face and chest. Garou tries to get a hit but failed as the spy kicks his leg making him fall. The spy pulls out a gun and attempts to shoot Garou, but he moves and the bullet slices his shoulder. The spy wraps his hand around Garou's neck. I guess this spy powers Garou when he's injured. I walk over to their commotion and knock out the spy's head. Garou looks up at me surprised.

"Let's patch you up again I guess," I said walking back to my house.

"You!" he says getting up and runs towards me. I move to the side as he trips and falls grunting in pain. 

"Just stay there then," I said walking in and grabbing medication applying it to his shoulder. "Just hurry back to your base before anything else happens to you,"

He looks at me wondering if he should attack me or not. 

"Why the hell are you helping me," he asks.

"Not sure, just felt like it," I said patching him up and gently smacking his shoulder as he grunts. "Go back then," 

"Why? I don't understand, let's fight right here," he says. I look at him and smack the back of his head. "Ow!" 

"Remember when I kept telling you that not all monsters are bad? Well, you're one of those exceptions. I'm saving your life, now go and do whatever you please. Ga-Ro-U" I said walking into my house and closing the door. I put my back against the door and listen to his footsteps fade off into the woods. You're not that bad of a person, something must've happened to you to turn onto the monster's side.