Chapter 7: Hero Resentment

Weeks have gone by as I've been staying in my house near the city. I've increased the security around my house in order to keep danger out. The injuries heroes have all been doing fine and some have been training more intensely than ever. I can't do much searching for information on the monsters if there hasn't been any around. The monsters have been attacking over all of those weeks, not even the small, weaker ones haven't bothered to show up yet. I've cut off inches of my hair to make my appearance even more believable of being a guy, although it still is below my shoulders. I looked through all of my fan mails. The majority of them were from Tornado. This is ridiculous. Garou also hasn't shown up over the weeks, I've been starting to miss his company. I go outside and see a big man with a hood over his head. I walk towards the electric gates I've installed and looked at him closer. 

"Hey, you just going to stay?" he asks. He looks at me.

"Ga-Red?" I asked. He nods. I open the gates and let him in. 

"What's with all of this security?" he asks.

"It's to keep danger away," I answered. "Monsters, heroes, fans, animals, that green-haired girl,"

"Ha, I see," he says as we enter my house. 

"What have you been doing all this time?" I asked.

"Just been planning with my association and also been trying to lead people onto our sides," he responded. "You should come to our side," 

I laugh.

"No way," I answered. 

"Huh? Why not?" Garou asked. "Everything will be..."

"Easier?" I asked. He nods. "Then I'll stay human to make it harder for you. If you want me then work for it," 

He puts his hood down and grins.

"Someone's cheeky," he says. He looks at all of the fanmail I have. I sit on my couch and continue opening them.

"They're fanmail from girls usually," I stated. "The green-haired girl keeps sending me love letters and gifts,"

Garou looks through some letters.

"You're pretty good at catfishing," he says.

"I guess I am," I replied. I watch as Garou opens a box of chocolates. "Careful, you never know if they're crazy enough to poison or drug those,"

He opens one and looks on the inside. He sniffs then eats them.

"They're safe," he says. 

"Have as many gifts as you want, I don't really want the majority of them,"

I stuff the useless letters into a cardboard box and turn on the tv for the news.

"We, the heroes association have been grateful that no heroes have lost their lives during that whole attack out of the blue. We hope to still have everyone's hope and support relied on us as we are making sure everything goes back to how they were. We will make sure to keep everyone safe and sound. We've already been gaining more heroes into this program in order to help give back. Please give our heroes thanks for the good they do. They're willing to put their lives on the line in order to help us all," 

"Heroes, heroes, heroes, heroes," I rolled my eyes annoyed. I get up waving my arms around. "Oh yes, thank you great heroes for making my life worth something. Thank you for giving me life. It's not like I ever worked so hard in my life to get where I am. Thank you for brainwashing me into thinking that I should put all my weights onto you. THANK YOU THANK YOU, HEROES!"

I sigh and facepalm. Garou looks shocked then grins.

"You don't like the heroes?" he asks.

"I don't like some of them. I hate the people running this whole damn association more than the heroes. Why is it ran by normal humans who can't even protect themselves? Wouldn't it make more sense for a hero to actually run a Heroes Association compared to a dumb group of people who only orders them around without actually caring of the heroes whether they die or not? I mean, they don't care as long as they're safe themselves. They're just being the face of heroes, do you think they even inform every single hero of their plans? No way! Do you know how many times I've spied on them? Way too many," I look at him as he seems pleased.

"It's quite funny how you work for them yet don't even like them," he replies. 

"I do what I can in order to live, this job is good," I said. "My whole kitchen is covered with plates of smoked meats and white rice. Go eat," 

His eyes light up a bit as he runs to the kitchen and stuffs everything into his mouth.

I sit and eat a bowl of ramen watching him. 

"Your cooking is always so great," he says licking his lips. "How do you get all this meat?"

"Sometimes the association lets me use their big bank account for anything I need," I said. 

Garou laughs.

"It's entertaining to see one of their great weapons slowly resent them," he says. 

"If they changed parts of this association, maybe they wouldn't get so much backlash," 

"Just let the humans do what they want before we take over,"

He walks over to me and bends down a bit. I wipe his mouth with a napkin. He takes my hand and kisses it. I look up at him.

"What is it, Garou?"

He sets the napkin and chopsticks down as he gives me a tight hug.

"Did you miss me, Chiaki?"

"Mmm..."

"Well, answer me,"

"I did really miss you, I thought you'd never return for a couple more weeks,"

I gently pat his back. I feel his lips move close to my neck. I push him away.

"G-Go finish the rest of the food!" I said. He lifts an eyebrow smirking.

"Alright then," he says going back to finish all the meat and rice. I continued to eat my ramen.

"What have you being doing while I was gone?" he asks.

"You know, hiding away from society and trying to cook or bake some more. I just want to be in my own bubble, no one to annoy me. I've also been trying to hide from Tornado as much as I could and I can't just tell her that I'm a girl. Not until it's the right to tell anyone anyways,"

We continued our conversations on for a while that I forgot to keep track of time.