chapter 5 - home phone

Got an important update in the author's notes of this chapter so don't skip it ! :) Enjoy💕

~~

Kiara hadn't slept so peacefully in the longest time. She had vivid dreams of the most random things she could barely remember, but what she was trying to remember was why her neck was hurting. Kie opens her eyes and the sun is starting to rise on the water. She realizes that she and JJ had fallen asleep last night on her roof. She wants to move since her neck is in an awkward position, but it's in an awkward position on JJ's chest. She wants to get up since she knows her dad will be waking up soon to open the Wreck and he asked her if she could open with him today, but JJ looks so peaceful. It's kind of like when your dog or cat is asleep on you or next to you and you don't want to wake them.

She shifts her head a little more comfortably and can hear his heartbeat. It is so slow and melodic. Kie smiles as she watches the sunrise as her head moves slightly from his shallow breaths. She hears his heart skip a beat.

"You have a really nice view up here," JJ says with a deep, raspy voice. Kie blushed at the sound of it while moving off of him and leaning on her arm to face him.

"Yeah, I do."

"Uh, are you hitting on me Kiara Carrera?" JJ asks smirking while slightly confused.

"Oh, shut up. I was agreeing with you," Kie says turning to look back at the water blushing a deeper shade of red.

"I don't know, the way you looked at me while saying that is convincing me otherwise.." JJ says as he reaches over and brushes his fingers through her hair. Kie slaps his hand away standing up while fixing her own hair.

"Will you shut up and get off my roof." She starts to walk towards where her balcony is and hesitates jumping down since she almost fell getting up last night. JJ gets up and follows her to the edge. He looks at her and gives her a look while gesturing his hands as if to say ladies first.

"Uh, do you mind going first..."

"As you wish, Princess Buttercup," JJ says before he climbs down and turns to help her down as well. They walk into her room and JJ flings himself onto her bed. "Why the fuck did we stay up there all night when we could've been on this cloud. Are these sheets silk?"

"Get out," Kie says, well more orders knowing JJ is so stubborn it could take her all morning to get him to leave and she doesn't have all morning. "And get our lazy ass off my bed, my dad should be up in like ten minutes and the last thing I need is him walking in on you in my fucking bed talking about silk sheets."

JJ groans like a child as he rolling himself off her bed almost falling on the floor, "Oh, shit fuck."

"Classy, now be quiet and follow me." Kie and JJ walk down her stairs and to her front door. She opens it and gestures for JJ to leave. He pauses in the doorway for half a second to look back at her and then turns and walks through her porch without saying a word. "What?" she asks.

"You're not too bad to wake up to," he says while swinging his leg over his bike.

Kiara rolls her eyes, "Yes, by the way." JJ looks back at her confused, "they are silk." Kie smiles as she closes her front door to go get ready for her morning shift as JJ smiles riding back to the château.

~~

JJ got back from Kie's house and threw himself onto John B's bed. He laid there for a while thinking about last night and Kie. His heart felt heavy since he knew Kie would never like him the way he likes her...loves her...he eventually falls asleep daydreaming of her. He wakes up from the shutting of the porch door and jumps up thinking it's his dad again. Kie walks into his bedroom with a weird expression on her face, furrowing her brows, "why do you look like you're about to attack me?"