chapter 7 - aviator sunglasses

I hope y'all are doing well. Me on the other hand, I'm physically and mentally exhausted. PSA for y'all: never agree to drive half way across the US bc it's not easy ahhhhhh.

Anyways enjoy luvs :)

~~

After almost a week being on what has to be the smelliest ship of all time, John B and Sarah finally make it to Nassau. The captain was nice enough to let them travel with them for free since they had literally found them clinging to the Phantom for their lives. He ended up getting them a motel room there for two weeks so they could figure things out. After the past few weeks that they had, it was nice to know that there were still good people in the world. Not everyone is as sick and twisted as Sarah's dad and brother. She still couldn't believe all of the crap that they did. If only her mother was here.

"Sarah, how are you doing?" John B asks as he rubs her back soothingly.

"Surviving," she says laughing to herself. "I still don't understand how we're gonna get back. I'm glad we were able to get ahold of the pogues though, with their help we might be able to get the charges against you dropped," Sarah tells John B happily even though she knows that with him getting the charges dropped that means that she'll have to turn in her brother and her dad. Although she had already made her decision when she got on the boat with him that day it was still hard to deal with.

Since arriving in Nassau Sarah got a job as a waitress and John B was able to give surf lessons. She still worried about her dad coming and them somehow running into each other, but what choice do they have? There is only one way off this island and that is a plane ticket. Well, two plane tickets actually.

They had considered trying to sell the gold they had melted down from the well but with their luck last time of almost being robbed by Barry they thought it would be better to hold off on selling it.

Little by little they have been able to save up to by passports. They found a guy who could get them two authentic American passports and IDs for the low cost of 2,500 Bahamian dollars, which is the equivalent of the same in US dollars they learned. Although John B's job didn't pay much Sarah had been getting super great tips at the Bearded Clam, the restaurant she'd been waitressing at.

It had taken them all of these two months to save up and they were just now able to contact their friends. Sarah wants so badly to go back home to see them again, but she has more important things to worry about here. Getting their gold back.

John B was able to make friends with some of the people he gives lessons to and he ended up meeting someone who works at one of the airports in Nassau. He asked him about private hangers and landing strips and the guy, Andrew, hadn't gotten back to them yet. Until today.

"My man, Vlad, how have you been holding up this summer? It's been fucking hot," Andrew says while walking up to John B and doing that handshake thing all guys know.

"I've been fine, just getting the suntan of my life, I think I've gotten three shades darker this week alone."

"Nice, nice. So, I did some investigating like I said I would and found out that there are only three private landing strips in Nassau. One is owned by some company that uses it frequently so I marked them off. Another is owned by Lenny Kravitz so probably not. Your best bet is Marsh Harbour Landing it's a place where private planes can land and then rent hangers for their planes," Andrew explains.

"Why didn't you just lead with that one, Andy?" John B wonders as he processes what this information means.

"V, I live for anticipation. Anyways, how's that hot babe of yours?" Andrew says even though he knows John B will glare at him.