0.8

I woke up to see the sun shining through Carl's window, at first I didn't know I was in Carl's bed, but, when I saw all the dirty socks on the floor, and heard Fiona screaming at Debbie downstairs, knew exactly where I was.

I sat up expecting to see Carl sleeping next to me, but was disappointed to see no one, I put a mint in my mouth.

Before going downstairs I heard a door slam, I was hoping it was Debbie leaving, because it would've been awkward seeing her, after waking up in her brothers bed.

"Good morning Fiona" I smiled. I could tell she looked like she had a rough night, "is it Sean?" I looked at her concerned, "yea, don't worry about it though" she smiled through the pain. I always admired Fiona, because even though I just met her a few months ago, I could tell she was a fighter, and I liked that about her, I wish I could be like that.

Frank barged in the house half drunk, bringing me out of my thoughts, "good morning, girl who Kev and V adopted, how are you this morning" he said, obnoxiously loud, and pulled me into a hug, "geez Frank, you smell worse than usual" I gagged, "hey that's no way to talk to your uncle frank" he frowned and shook it off, "anyways, how would you like to make $30? Huh, sound good?" He nudged my shoulder, "what am I? 12? And no, I'm not selling drugs for you" I rolled my eyes.

"No no no, it's not selling drugs, uh it's a..it's a business thing, yea, something like burying the hatchet" he tries to convince me, "or digging up the hatchet, if you'd rather, there's something I buried a couple decades ago, and it's probably worth fortune now, wanna help?"

"And I'm only getting $30?, seriously Frank" I shook my head "why don't you ask Liam, or one of your other kids"

"Because none of my kids like me" he said, actually being serious. Just then Carl walked in

"Frank, Y/N is not getting caught up in your sinister deeds" He said grabbing something off the counter, "what's that?" I try reaching for it, "nothing" Carl shoos my hand away.

"And why can't Y/n get caught up in my deeds, they're not sinister" Frank whines, "yes they are, and because, she's already getting caught up in mine" he winked at me, "whattt, no, I'm not getting caught up in anyones deeds, unless those deeds are my history class" I cringe and go upstairs to put my shoes on.

"You can go to school tomorrow y/n, there's someone I want you to meet today, come onnn" he groaned, "fineee" I groaned after him "but this is the last time I'm skipping school to hang out with you, do you hear me" i furrowed my eyebrows at him, "of course baby" he smiled and winked at me again "now, come on". "Ew stop winking at me".

While we were walking, it was awkward and silent, the kind of awkward silence, where you just beg for something to pop up to start a conversation, but it never does.

"Want me to hold your hand..?" Carl says breaking the silence.

"No" I say simply, with my hands in my pockets.

"Why?" He looks at me

"Why not?" I give him a cheeky smile.

"Let me hold your hand"

"No" I start laughing

"Why can't I hold your hand"

"Um, I don't know, maybe because you're not my boyfriend"

"Okay, do I have to be your boyfriend to hold your hand? Huh"

"I mean I'd prefer it that way, but I guess you're not used to a girl like that huh" I start to get a little upset.

"What is that supposed to mean, y/n?" He raises his voice a little bit

"I don't know, maybe it means, you're only into easy girls, girls who let you treat them any type of way you want" I look at him, obviously referring to the girl he "cheated" on me with

"God, you're such pain, honestly, let it go" he faked a yawn.

"If I'm a pain, then that makes you a nuisance" I glare at him.

"That doesn't count because I don't even know what that word means" he sticks his tongue out at me.

I roll my eyes.

But he was right, I did need to get over it, I was never the type of girl to hold a grudge, or even be jealous, but for some reason, the thought of Carl, with another girl, made me..angry, and I'm not good with expressing my feelings, so it just comes out as sarcasm...which is a really toxic character trait..I know that already.

"Anyways" I sigh "who did you want me to meet?"

"No one" he laughed "I was just trying to save you from Frank"

"Well it worked" I laughed.

After a few more minutes of silent walking, I took my hand out of my pocket and placed my hand into Carl's, I feel him pull me closer to him, as he puts his entire arm around my waist.