1.8

I'm back🖤

————

I wake up to the sun beaming on my face, and my 2 AirPods scattered around my bed. I had a very bad habit of falling asleep with them in. (I actually do this all the time)

I put AirPods away to charge, and stand to my feet and stretch, feeling the carpet between my toes.

As I walk to open my door, it flings open before I can even reach the knob. To my dismay, I see a bright-eyed Carl in front of me, and instantly close my door and walk back towards my bed.

"Aw, come on y/n, aren't you excited to see me?" He reopens the door as I crawl back in bed.

"It's always my pleasure, Gallagher" I sigh and and put my pillow over my face.

"Are you excited for school?" Carl asks.

"What?"

"Are you excited for school today?"

"Why are you acting so weird, you never care about school, or how I feel about it" I sit up and look at him strangely.

"I just think today is gonna be a good day" he smiles and pats my thigh devilishly.

"Ew stop being weird" I chuckle softly, letting a yawn out after.

"Anyways, I'll wait for you outside" he skips out the door.

-time skip🙈-

"Sooo tell me again why you're so excited for school" I look at him curiously.

"Ugh shut up, you'll see" he groans.

I roll my eyes and drag my feet across the pavement.

"Will you stop being a baby" he laughs and grabs my hand.

I pull away.

"What?" He says

"Nothing I just...I still don't fully trust you yet, and I wanna build our friendship back up slowly"

He rolls his eyes and lets out an unnecessary groan.

-another time skip to class-

"This week, we have a new project-"

Before she could finish everyone sighs and groans.

The class clown says something that was probably just as immature as he was, but I wasn't listening, I was watching Carl await instructions impatiently.

He's never been so invested in school, it's scaring me.

"Let me finish.." Mrs. Loraine says, clearly frustrated.

"This will be a month long project, and since it's such a serious and "engaging" hands on project, you will be able to chose your own partners."

As soon as she said "partners", everyone scurried to their friends, some girls hurried over to Carl, in attempt to be his partner.

I stayed seated, and waited for someone to come to me, and if not, I didn't mind doing it by myself, I doubt anyone would even do anything to put any type of effort into whatever we're doing.

I put my AirPods in, but take them right back out when a brunette boy appeared in front of me.

"Hey...y/n? Right? Do you wanna maybe? Team up?" he smiled

"Oh...sure" I said almost blushing, he was cute...really cute, I've never talked to him before though, it was weird for him to approach me.

"Uh no, she's good" Carl interrupts sitting next to me.

I roll my eyes and sigh.

"Sorry" I smile apologetically at him.

"It's cool, I get it" he smiles and walks away

"Everyone might wanna rethink their partners, cause this is a pretty big thing" Mrs. Loraine says.

"Why what is it" a girl with big hoop earrings says as she pops her gum.

"It's the Baby Project!!!!"

———————

OMG IM SO GLAD TO HAVE GOTTEN THIS OUT OF THE WAY.

It's been so long, maybe now I'll be able to update more consistently. This is such a burden off my shoulder😭😭