Hvitserk- Not Goodbye

You stood with the Ragnarsons in front of the palace floor. King Ecbert stood in front of his son and daughter in law and several members of his royal staff. 

Speaking minimul english you were able to understand what Bjorn and King Ecert were saying. Bjorn wanted safe passage back through Wessex. 

"You must understand we need to have a hostage of sorts." Ecbert said, scanning his eyes across your army. 

Bjorn nodded and King Ecbert took a few steps forward, looking at you. "Her. She speaks english does she not?" he asked. 

Hvitserk took your hand tightly, taking a step in front of you. You placed a hand on his shoulder and moved in front of him. 

"I do." you said in a strong and confident voice. "I will stay as long as my people may leave Wessex safely." 

King Ecbert nodded as Bjorn made eye contact with you. The king began discussing arrangements with his staff as Bjorn turned to you. 

"What are you doing?" Hvitserk hissed before Bjorn could even object. "I know what I am doing, I am keeping my people safe." 

There were tears welling in Hvitserks eyes. He cared for you and he had planned on marrying you when the army returned back to Kattegat. 

"It is not forever Hvitserk, only goodbye for now." you smiled, kissing him softly before moving to the side of the king. 

Bjorn nodded to you. "And you will take care of her. She is special to us." Bjorn asked. King Ecbert placed a hand over his heart. "I swear to it." 

Bjorn nodded once more and turned to leave the palace room and return to the ships. Hvitserk was the last to turn and leave, stealing one more glance before leaving you behind.