Shield Maiden- Bjorn Ironside

You clutched your shield close to you, looking up to the sky. Everything in you hoped the gods were watching over you today. 

Ubbe bumped your shoulder to acknowledge you with a smile as he began walking over the hill you were trying to cross. You loved all of Ragnar's sons. 

As you had grown up in Kattegat, your friends became famous for their wars and their father. Everything you did, you did with them in mind. 

The further you walked the more the sun rose. Early in the morning, the dew still stuck to the grass, soon it was cooled by the day's wind. 

When you got to a point in the valley where you could camp, you sat on the mossy ground beside Ubbe. 

You chattered with him and some of the other men on war strategy. Bjorn walked beside you, he joined the conversation. 

As you began to give your input on one of his strategies, he interrupted you. "What business do you have on strategy, you are merely here for entertainment for my brothers." he scoffed. 

You rose to your feet, "Say that again Ironside." you said, nodding your chin at him. Ubbe and Hvitserk also stood at your side. 

Bjorn opened his mouth to say something and you knocked him to the ground with your shield, holding the tip of your axe to his neck. 

"I am a shield maiden, taught by your mother, Lagartha. How dare you disgrace her knowledge." you said biting your words. 

You pulled the axe away and tucked it back in your belt. Ubbe patted your back while Hvitserk helped Bjorn off the ground. 

"My apologies," Bjorn muttered, walking away.