Chapter 17

Crystal POV-
    I can not contain all my excitement at seeing the other girls. All of them are there, each looking as beautiful as they left drag race. It's so wonderful to see everyone, especially because we get to meet to re-watch the finale with an audience. Of course that in a few hours so we have some time to visit with each other. The first thing I notice is that Gigi isn't here yet, but when Brita sees me looking at the group she calls me over. I run and she pulls me into a hug. Jaida runs over too and joins. "I missed you both so much!" She says.
    The only sound I can make is a squeal of joy. I say hello to Aiden and Nicky. I can't believe we're all back together again. After not even being together for reunion it felt like we'd never be reunited in real life. But, here we are.
    Jackie shows up next and I run over to give her a hug first. Her hair is gorgeous pulled up and she jumps with excitement in my arms. "We already know the winner but now it's going to feel real."
    I nod, and let her go so she can go say hello to all the other queens. Everyone except Gigi is here and I begin to wonder why she's late. Isn't she always early? I pull out my phone and see a missed call. Shit.
    I've dialed her back in a second and she picks up on the first ring. "Where are you?" I ask. "Call time was 20 minutes ago."
    "I am here, I'm in the bathroom, will you just come here for a minute?"
    "I guess." I reply, confused. "Are you okay?"
    "Just please come."
    There's only one bathroom close to the entrance so I decide it must be that one. When I walk in there's only one other person, locked in the back stall. "Gigi?"
    "yeah I'm right here." She says. "I'm psyching myself out, I'm fine though."
    I walk to the door and knock gently and she opens the door. "I just don't want anyone to find us." I tell her.
    Gigi nods, her face relaxing a bit. "Ugh I missed you so much." She falls into my chest, careful not to get lipstick on my outfit.
    "I missed you too." I reply. I hadn't forgotten how they felt against me, but I guess I did't realize how much I was yearning for it. "Five months is a long ass time."
    She smiles and I can see in her eyes that she's not as nervous for the night anymore. "We should probably head back."
    I feel myself make a face. "Ugh fine."
    Gigi squeezes my hand and unlocks the door to the stall. We head back to the room with the other queens in it. There are streamers everywhere and the floor sparkles in the dim lights. "She made it!" Heidi yells, cheering at the sight of Gigi.
    "And she brought someone with her. I wonder where they went." Widow chimes in, nudging Aiden who laughs.
    Gigi flips them off but has a huge smile on her face. She runs to hug Jackie and talk with all the other girls. Widow waves me over to join in a conversation with her, Brita, Jan, and Dahlia. Rock M and Nicky are talking loudly about some new tv show they've binged next to us.
    It feels like a minute passes and then we're all being gathered for pictures before the viewing party guests are let in. They line us up on a wall and everyone poses for what feels like forever as they snap shot after shot. When we're finished we're all seeing spots and blinking like crazy. My heart is pounding hard in my chest and my smile hasn't left my face since we showed up. The lights go up as the big screens are tested and we're all guided to a tiny backstage area. It's a basically like a little box, the black curtains completely covering the view to the audience. We stand packed together in the little room, having to keep quiet until more people get in the audience so they don't hear us talking. I can feel Gigi pressed up against my back and I reach for her hand which she takes and holds with both hands. I'm glad to have her there. I see Rock M's eyes see our hands and she looks over to Nicky. I don't move away from Gigi, I just hope the rest of them don't notice.
    "After this do you want to come to my place?" Gigi whispers in my ear from behind. I forget that she lives pretty close to the venue and isn't staying in a hotel like the rest of us are. "We can watch a movie, I have popcorn. And I miss you so much."
    I can smell perfume on her and a shiver runs down my neck. "Sure." I whisper back. "Can I sleep over?"
    "Obviously." She answers.
    The audience is quite loud and a tech guy gives us a five minute call. Luckily we don't have much to be nervous for, all we have to do is watch the episode and react.
    As we walk onto the tiny stage to sit in the little folding chairs, Gigi remembers to let go of my hand at the last second. We sit next to each other, and by Jaida and Jackie because we're the top 4. The lights go pretty dim again, the screens light up and the small audience cheers. Excitement and thrill pulsates through my body. I can't believe this is my life now.