026

You were nervous. Did Eijiro figure out who it was? Why didn't he tell you directly? Did he think it was someone else? You were standing outside the band room, the hallway's only noise was the muffled music inside. Your eyes were glued to the floor and you were tapping your foot restlessly. Whipping out your phone and removing it from the case, the sim you had taken off glimmered from the light. "Would it be a good idea?" you whispered to no one but yourself, the shuffling of your clothing hitting the wall resonating in your ears.

In a matter of minutes, you were inserting the sim back to your phone. Your only intent is to give him a short apology and explanation and that was it. But the moment you were about to press send, you felt a familiar hand touch your shoulder making you lock your phone, hoping he was not able to read the message.

"Woah there, (your name). It's just me, I'm not a ghost!" Eijiro widely smiled at you, the features of his face more prominent with your nervousness. "Sorry, I may have consumed a lot of caffeine lately. It's making me jumpy." The laugh coming out from your throat sounded nervous and you felt yourself choke on your words. "Then stop drinking coffee three times a day?"

"You know I can barely function without it," you shrugged, tucking your phone back to your pocket. A smile emerged from your face as you looked at him, the nervousness washing away as soon as he smiled back. "Let's go get something to eat, baby shark. I'm hungry!"

"Your treat?"

"My treat!"