Forgiveness

I walked through the woods, pushing away at heaps of shrubbery and tall grass that got in the way, I finally made my way over to the path Luke had led me done earlier. If my assumptions were correct, he probably would have made his way down here and to the waterfall. He didn't tell me, but it seemed to be an important place for him. I heard the sound of water crashing down against rocks and I knew that I was close.

"Luke!" I stepped out into the clearing, finally finding a familiar blond head in the scene of dark grays and blues. He didn't respond when I said his name, and his shoulders shook, he must have still been crying. I ran over to him, crouching down and put my hands on his shoulders. He quickly pushed them off, sniffling and crying into his hands.

"Don't touch me." He shuddered.

"Luke, let me explain, please, if you listen you'll understand everything that's going on." I said rubbing his back. I finally caught a glimpse of his eye, those blue irises that were usually cold and hard were now full of tears and they seemed to glow in the light of the moon reflecting against the water.

"Fine."

"You obviously know that Ashton is a teacher, and Calum is dating him. Well since they kind of want to keep that fact on the down low, they didn't want anyone knowing. Calum only told me because I'm his best friend, and he doesn't seem to have a problem with you knowing."

"I don't get what this has to do with that picture?"

"Don't worry I'm getting there. Anyways, about a month ago, Percy was threatening to violate and leak Ashton and Calum's relationship. Cal needed help, and I made sure to help him out by kissing Percy and taking a picture, that way I could threaten him to stop or else I would leak the picture of us kissing. Obviously being the straight douchebag he is, he backed down."

"Well you know how to fight fire with fire, and you've managed me to look like a horrible mess in front of you." Luke blushed deeply, looking down to the ground.

"True, but honestly I would have reacted the way you did too if I saw that picture and didn't know the backstory." I scratched my head, looking out on the water. The loud crashing of water against rock seemed to have a calming effect for some reason.

"Hey, Mikey," Luke's voice caught my attention and I immediately focused back on him. He was playing with his fingers, not looking at me directly. I smiled, he was so cute when he was innocent, and it gave me a chance to be the bigger one in this "relationship" or whatever we were going to call it, honestly right now I didn't know if I truly loved Luke yet, but I was pretty close to.

"What's up?"

"When I said I love you earlier... it sort of just slipped out of my mouth. I wasn't thinking when I said it, I was just sad and emotional. Don't get me wrong, I like you a lot, it's just, I don't want you to think it connotated something that it didn't. No, that sounds kind of harsh, what I'm trying to say-"

"Shh, Luke I know exactly what you mean." I leaned my head down on his shoulder, pulling him in close to me.

"I'm glad you understand." Luke mumbled into my shoulder, he wrapped his arms around me, and we stayed like this for a moment, not saying a word, just enjoying one another's presence.

"C'mon, let's get back to the lake house, it's getting cold." I got up, picking Luke up and carrying him on my back, "you forgive me right?"

"I forgive you." He smiled kissing my cheek, I sighed in relief and started walking back to the lake house.