Nightmares Are Real

Virgil's dream

His voice curls around my head and mutes everything else, the way it claws itself into my brain making itself a memory that will never be forgotten. It hurt more than anything to know these words are coming from Dee, the person that is supposed to love and protect me but instead all I see are broken promises and lies. Dee stands over me and gives me a look of pure disgust. I feel tears prick my eyes as he slams his hand down on the back of my head and pushes me to the wall, my back facing him. He gets on top of me, his hands grabbing the loops of my jeans while also keeping one hand on the back of my neck.

My eyes shoot open as I shoot up in bed and my breath is heavy and ragged. Every breath feels like lava being poured into my lungs and my chest tightens. I turn to my right to see Janus still asleep and I try to keep quiet so I don't wake him up but the next thing I know a gloved hand is placed on my shoulder but I flinch away quickly.

I relax after a minute and hear Janus whispering things like 'It's ok' or 'I'm here'. I lean into his touch and feel start to even out as he starts running his other hand through my hair. "I'm sorry I woke you" I sign turning and leaning my cheek on his shoulder letting the comforting feeling consume me.

"It's ok, I just want to make sure you're ok" He says little louder than a whisper. I feel my eyes start to droop until there is a loud slam and the bedroom door is thrown open. There in the doorway is Remus, he's holding his mace in his hands and a demented twitch to his eye.

Janus and I both fly off the bed and stand up and I see Janus's shoulders tense. "You lying bitch!" Remus yells, raising his mace and charging at me. My body's shaking as I dodge a hit.

He quickly whirls to me, grabbing my shoulder and throwing me against the wall. I feel my heart quicken as he gets in my face and whispers "Janus is mine, understand me?". He lets me go and turns to Janus.

"Your mine!" He yells, grabbing Janus's left bicep, trying to take him out of the room. Janus pushes Remus away, comes over to my side and holds my arm. Remus's mouth twitches into a demented smile.

In one swift movement he punches me in the face and I was knocked off my feet. Janus turns to me concerned and whispers "Are you ok?". Remus storms out and slams the door behind him.

I nod my head to Janus and he takes my hand, pulls me up and sets me on the bed. I keep my head down and my eyes on the ground and see Janus's knees in front of me as he crouches down. "Virgil, look at me" I hear him say and he lays his hand on my right cheek.

"Cuddle bug?" He asks and I don't move, that is until I feel him run his fingers over my sides. I let out an undignified squeal and jump away but Janus pins me down and sits on my waist tickling the back of my knees, my death spot. I shoot up to try and grab his hands as I scream-laugh and he pins my arms to my sides with his knees.

He stops after a couple of minute and I have tears of mirth running down my face and a big, dopey smile running down my cheeks. I want it to stay like this forever, Me in Janus's arms with a smile on both of our faces and forgetting about all of our worries.

-----------------------------------------

word count:650