Rehab (part 2)

A few months later, Virgil's pov

While staying at this Rehab center I have nurses coming in to help me with speech and movement every couple of hours. A nurse drops off breakfast lunch and dinner and has to help me eat. I like this nurse his name is Joan.

Emile, my dad, and Janus have been with me during all visiting hours except for when dad has to go to work. Janus always helps me with a lot but during these few months I have regained the movement in my right arm but my right leg won't ever go back to working properly. I still haven't regained my speech yet, though it's harder to understand what I'm saying when I get frustrated.

Finally after 95 days of being here Janus and a nurse got into a fight about taking me home so Janus packed all my stuff into the suitcase that he had brought the day after I was admitted. I signed and asked him what was going on but he just smiled and said "Your going home, I miss you there". I turned to signing everything because nobody could understand me when I talked.

I shrug as he helps me into a wheelchair and takes me out to the car. He lifts me out of the wheelchair and puts me in the front seat while I buckle the seatbelt. He takes the wheelchair back inside, signs my release, and hops in the car and drives home.

I lean over the armrest set between us and I lay my head on his shoulder, silently thanking him. I've been having nightmares about Janus hurting himself over me, not that I would tell him that out of fear he might think I don't trust him, and I want to just take in the moment of us sitting like this. At a red light Janus kisses my forehead before turning back to the road and I smile, I hope he knows that even though that was something small it mattered so much to me.

We finally end up home after and hour car ride and Janus helps me out of the car and carries me inside and I just hug him. I know how much he cares about me and it sometimes worries me that he beats himself up over this although no one had control over it. I feel myself start dozing off until I feel the heat from the house and I'm out cold.

Janus's pov
Virgil dozed off while I carried him inside. It kills me to know he's hurting, I can see it in his eyes when he looks at his right leg or tries to talk. I feel guilty as I feel a burning in my arms from the added weight.

Yes, while Virgil was in rehab I harmed myself. I hurt myself for allowing Virgil to be put in this kind of state. I feel tears brim my eyes as I place him on the bed.

I quickly wipe my eyes when he's cuddled into the blankets and go back to the car and get his wheelchair out. I push it into our room and place it against the wall next to the bed.

I sit down and sigh, placing my head in my hands. I send a text to Emile that Virgil's back at the house and just wait. I hope everything comes together and works out for the better.

—————————————-
Word count:565