Natsu x Reader: Heat

(Y/N) sat in bed, cursing at the sweat that was dripping from her forehead. She felt clammy and couldn't take her mind off the immense heat. She tried to get up from the bed to wash her face with cold water, but an arm stopped her. She groaned as she looked at the sleeping dragon slayer.

"How on earth does he sleep like this?" (Y/N) muttered before gently removing his arm from her waist and making her way to the bathroom.

She splashed water on her face and used a wet towel to wipe down her body. She leaned over the sink and sighed. She made her way over to the window and opened it, letting in the light summer breeze.

"God it's so hot," (Y/N) complained to herself.

After a few minutes, she returned to the bed and laid down so that she was far away from the dragon slayer. She started to fall asleep when she felt Natsu pull her close again. She huffed and tried to ignore the heat, but nothing worked. She started to become frustrated and eventually got out of bed again. She grabbed a pillow and placed it on the couch before flopping down and drifting off.

(Y/N) kept waking up from various nightmares, and she was soon reminded why she always slept next to Natsu. She sighed before concluding that she could either stay on the couch and deal with constant nightmares or go back to the bed and deal with the formidable heat. She reluctantly picked up her pillow and trudged back to the bed.

"(Y/N), what're you doing?" Natsu groggily asked as he felt the bed dip for the second time.

"It's too hot."

"So sleep without the blankets on," Natsu chuckled.

She turned to face him fully and gave him a stern look.

"The blankets aren't what's making it hot. It's you."

"Me? What are you talking about?"

"You're too hot!" (Y/N) exclaimed. "You emit so much heat that it's making me sweat!"

Natsu laughed before sitting up on the bed. He moved so he was sitting next to her and caressed her cheek.

"You know," Natsu whispered, "you're adorable when you're flustered."

"I'm hot and tired, Natsu. Why can't you be cooler?"

"Because I'm a fire mage?"

"We need a cooling lacrima or something. I can't sleep like this in the middle of a heat wave."

Natsu snuggled his head into her neck and wrapped an arm around her. (Y/N) sighed, content. That only lasted a few seconds before the heat transferred to her and she whined and pulled away.

"Natsu!"