Making the Bed

A/N: Hey everyone! I just wanted to say that this is  a slight Modern AU. Enjoy!

*****************************************************************************

"The sheets go this way, Natsu."

"No, they obviously go this way."

(Y/N) raised an eyebrow at Natsu as she watched him struggle with the sheets. She let go of the fitted sheet that they were both holding, causing the part she was holding to snap back at him.

"What're you doing? We're supposed to be making the bed!" Natsu shouted.

"Natsu, you're holding it wrong. It's not going to work."

"You're the one holding it the wrong way. See?" Natsu stretched the sheet across the bed and hooked it on one of the corners and continued, "It fits perfectly."

(Y/N) looked to Natsu who was standing smug and proud. She smiled at his childish demeanor before pointing for him to do the opposite corner. Natsu easily hooked that corner.

"Okay, now try the other ones."

Natsu shrugged and hooked the third corner. He turned to the last one and tried his hardest to stretch it to the corner, but it was too short. He pulled as tight as he could, but it refused to fit. Natsu sighed before letting go of the sheet and having it pop off all the corners. He held his hands up as he faced (Y/N).

"Alright, I was wrong. I admit it."

"Told you."

Natsu muttered, "Why can't they just make beds square? It would be so much easier."

(Y/N) laughed at him before picking up the fitted sheet and holding one end out to him. She turned it so that he was holding it correctly and helped him stretch it over the bed.

"This is the wrong way," Natsu pointed out.

"Natsu," (Y/N) giggled, "this is the right way. I promise."

"No way," Natsu pressed. "This is the way I just tried."

"Tell you what, if this doesn't fit correctly then I'll take you out for dinner."

Natsu turned to (Y/N) and gave an enthusiastic grin before quickly agreeing.

"But," (Y/N) continued, "if this does fit, you have to clean the bathroom."

Natsu's smile faltered before he puffed out his chest, saying, "Don't worry. I know the best place to eat."

(Y/N) asked him to hook his corners before she did the third one. The both looked at each other before (Y/N) dramatically stretched the fourth corner to its place, easily hooking it in place. Natsu's face dropped as a smug grin appeared on (Y/N)'s face.

"So, what would you like to clean first? Bathtub or toilet?"

Natsu let out a loud groan and hung his head in defeat.

"Tell you what," (Y/N) started while smiling, "if you clean the bathroom, we can go out for dinner tomorrow night."

Natsu's ears perked up and a large smile resurfaced.

-----------------------------------------

"How does a shower get so dirty?" Natsu moaned. "We just wash ourselves. How much dirt could we possibly have?"

"Well considering you're a mechanic and you have grease, oil and dirt on you at all times of the day, I would say that there's quite a lot."

"This is stupid. We should totally think about hiring someone."

"Are you crazy? We can't afford that. Keep dreaming, honey."

Natsu smiled before standing up and scooping (Y/N) off her feet. He spun her around a couple times.

"Natsu! What are you doing?"

He put her down and held her cheeks before smiling wide. (Y/N) met his eyes and shared his smile.

"We'll be rich someday. And then I'll buy you the biggest house and the most expensive car and I'll take you out on all sorts of dates."

(Y/N) laughed and hugged him tight, saying, "And I'll make sure that house has a nice big garage for all your tools."

Natsu gently kissed her before spinning her around again. He held onto her waist and kissed her cheek.

"I love you so much. I have no idea how to tell you that to accurately say it."

"Let's start with you cleaning the bathroom," (Y/N) smoothly replied.

"Damn," Natsu mumbled. "I thought that might work."

"Oh, and by the way," (Y/N) continued, "I love you too."