Bad Boy!Natsu x Reader: Detention Buddies [requested]

A/N: Thank you to treqqpoinie112 for the request! There's going to be another one of these within the next few one shots for another request. I'm working on another request for the next post. Requests are OPEN.

***********

"D-Detention?"

"You know the rule, (Y/N). You got too many answers wrong on your homework, so now you stay after school for help in detention."

"But I—"

"It's only for an hour. It'll go by quickly."

(Y/N) let out a disappointed 'okay' and left the math room, joining her friends by her locker. Evergreen gasped when she heard the news.

"Seriously? That's horrible. Why detention?"

"He has a rule. If you get more than five problems wrong on your homework, you have to go to detention for 'extra help.' But he never helps and just sits at his desk."

"That's a stupid reason for detention," Bickslow added.

"There's another problem with that," Freed spoke.

They all looked over to him, waiting for his explanation.

"I heard Natsu also has a math detention."

(Y/N) gasped loudly, her whole face paling.

"No no no. I can't do that. I have to get out of this."

Another voice appeared, questioning, "What the hell is up with you?"

Evergreen caught Laxus up to speed and his eyes lit up in amusement.

"Don't even start," (Y/N) warned.

"It won't be that bad. He won't even talk to you."

"That's not the point! He doesn't have to talk to me. He just has to be there."

"What the hell does that mean?"

"It means," Freed interrupted as he turned to Laxus, "she gets nervous when he's around. Because she likes him."

"Shh! Jesus Freed."

"Typical. Everyone likes the bad boy," Bickslow groaned. "Why can't I get any girls?"

"Because you're mean," Evergreen and (Y/N) responded in unison.

"Natsu's mean."

"No he's rebellious. It's different."

"Yeah Bickslow, don't you know?" Freed taunted. "Everyone likes the bad boy."

Bickslow rolled his eyes and pushed himself off the lockers before leaving down the hall. Laxus playfully patted the top of (Y/N)'s head before he also left.

"Ever," she whined, "you gotta help me. What the heck am I supposed to do?"

"Just ignore him."

"I can't!"

__________

"Just take a seat anywhere, (Y/N)."

She stiffly nodded at the teacher and scanned the room. She spotted the pink hair of the boy she was trying her best to avoid and took in a deep breath. Deciding to avoid him altogether, the (H/C) haired girl made her way over to the far corner and sat down with her hands folded. As usual in these 'homework detentions,' the teacher continued to play on his computer, ignoring his students.

Natsu's feet were stretched across the desk next to him, and he was on his phone. The teacher looked up and held out his hand.

"No phones, Natsu. You're supposed to be here to—"