Apocalypse

Son Yejin POV

I took a second glance at the mirror for my appearance tonight. I wore a black backless long sleeves dress. Covering my chest, but exposing my back. I wish Bin were here with me, so we can attend the gala as a couple.

I watched the local TV while waiting for Jiyoung and Woojin. Broadcasted was this afternoon's demonstration involving a large mass of protesters, pushing the mayor to stop the reopening of Kochang gold mine. This was no good for GoldenSon.

I quickly checked the SoStoked blog and it has just released an article about the same demonstration, attached on it were photos of the protesters. From the angle of each photo, I was sure that Hyun Bin must took it from inside the wave of protesters. He was among the protesters.

I touched my lips lightly. This afternoon before he joined the demonstration, we were together in his apartment. I confessed my jealousy about the idea of him going to ask another girl out. He, who was already that obvious since day one, gladly embraced me and sealed our secret romance with a kiss on my lips.

Back on the TV screen, I finally spotted him. Oh dear my beau, he was handsome as hell and so bad at the same time. Too bad, he was rejecting Woojin and me indirectly.

The wave of protesters was no joke, I didn't think that Geochang had this much of people willing to go down on the street and showing their aspirations. Those social justice warriors. SoStoked got a lot of comments below its latest articles and it has been shared online multiple times by its readers via their social medias. SoStoked indeed has a strong power in order to shape the public opinion.

What will happen between us once he knew that I was a part of GoldenSon?

I decided to shut off the TV and came to Woojin's room. We stayed in two bedrooms suite. His door was opened and I saw Jiyoung was trying to soothe him by stroking his back. He looked fussy watching the TV news.

I leaned on the door and smiled at both.
"I'm ready."

"Alright. Give me a couple of minutes. Has Lee Chang arrived here?"

"Lee Chang?"

"Yes, you know he's here don't you? He told me he was going to take you for lunch this noon. Did you go with him?"

"I accidentally met him, he bumped to me, but we didn't have lunch together. I thought tonight was just the three of us."

"Wouldn't it be nice to have an arm to hold on?" Jiyoung tried to ease my tension.

"I don't need a man to make an impression. I'm fine by my self. And if that was really necessary, wouldn't you let me hold your arm as well, Woojin Oppa?"

"Why that tone, Yejin? It was me who invited Chang."

"I told you I don't like Lee Chang like that."

"Well then let him come along with us as McCalister's representative. We're partners."

The suite bell rang. Woojin walked to the door to open it.

"Yejin, I'm sorry if I say something that discomforted you. I just want to avoid more weigh on Woojin's mind, so let's we all behave nicely, just until the mayor issue the permit, okay? After that, we can talk again about whatever your problem was with Woojin."

I nodded.

"Or do you want to go to Seoul for a while? I can talk to him, maybe two or three days away from here will freshen you up. I bet you must miss your friends from Seoul."