Bittersweet

Son Yejin POV

Jung Jiyoung was a perfect woman any man could ever ask for. Stunning beauty, smart enough to keep up with her man and a warm kind heart that conquer an arrogant and cunning man like Son Woojin, made him knelt down and asked her to be his wife years ago. She was a complement to him, ease his uneasiness and calm his agitation.

Eventhough I wasn't a hundred precent sure, I didn't dare to imagine if Woojin find out about Jiyoung. Soon, Yoo Jitae was going to be Woojin's serious obstacle in order to smooth his ambition in reopening Kochang gold mine. A man with a bigger ego than elephant like him, surely would likely raging out when he know that his woman was secretly burying a feeling, at least, if it wasn't even a relationship, with another man, let alone his rival.

But now, Woojin's sharp glance was set on me, not her. He was prying for Bin, who has just leaned close, too close to his sister's cheek, saying things that dared her tears to roll down. Woojin knew that from that moment, the young architect was someone important to his sister, her weak spot.

I dabbed my eyes with a tissue Jiyoung gave me. Before Woojin could reach the table, Jiyoung leaned to me and whispered,
"Whatever happened after this, I'll be taking your side, sister."

What did she mean? Was she aware that I know about her and Yoo Jitae? Or she simply wants to be the mediator as usual?

She stood up and opened her arms to hug her husband and smiled along side by side with him as the crowds were giving applause to the mining tycoon. An image of a good wife behind a great man.

I glanced at Lee Chang who looked like someone who has just winning a lottery. Smirking offered a mocking applause.

I stood up and left the scene with another champagne, my fourth glass of champagne. I stepped out away from the crowds back to the mansion's garden. I lit up my cigar, inhaled in and let out a long exhale. I sobbed without tears for my already ruined relationsip with Bin that only last for hours.

"Long day, Miss Son?" a man voice, startled me from behind.

It was Yoo Jitae.

"Do we know each other, Sir?"

"Name is Yoo Jitae. We shared the table, Miss Son. Or were you too distracted with his presence? the architect."

"Can I help you , Mr. Yoo?"

"I just want to have a small talk. All of us were surpised with these revelations. I didn't know that Bin was sleeping with the enemy's baby sister. Does he really have no idea who you are? I know he is seeing a novel writer, but I didn't expect it to be you too."

"We're not sleeping together. But yes, he was seeing me. I never lie to him though, he just never asked." I drank empty my glass.

"Easy girl, you might get tipsy and end on someone else's bed tonight."

"I have my brother back inside. There is no way he will let me sleep not in my own bed. Who is Bin to you? Why does he support you?"

"He has his own revenge against Jeong Chaesan. You might be familiar with a multiple impact collision eight years ago here in Geochang that caused ten fatalities? The first hit was caused by Jeong Chaesan."

I instantly dropped my glass. I lost my parents in the similar accident, Geochang multiple cars crash, on their way to study the possibility to reopen Kochang.

"Some of the victims were the Hyun couple, but thank God their only son made it out alive. Another name were-"

"The Son couple."

"Yep. First hit was made by Jeong Chaesan but he managed to recreate his own version of story and sure it was easier for the polices to simply bought it. Jeong Chaesan was a respected young assemblyman. The official report stated that the initial hit, was made by the Hyun's car. It was easier to blame the deceased victim. Poor young Hyun had to take the toll. I helped him to start a new life in New York through the president's sholarship, as I was working at the blue house that year."